ROBERT F. GREEN
VP: Operations: HIGHER EDUCATION, MEDIA, SPORTS, NUTRITION, HEALTH & FITNESS, ENTERTAINMENT
• Dynamic trailblazer thriving in fast-paced environments, including new start-ups and well-established
corporations, through foresighted operations, financial, and staff management. Self-starter transforming the
culture and profitability of diverse companies through new program/business development, strategic
partnerships, and client base expansion. Team-builder leading and motivating personnel to high-level
performance. Creative problem solver maximizing keen analytical skills to overcome diverse challenges.
• Pioneered and managed the Berklee Media Operations and Business Department.
• Directed 2 successful new business start-ups.
Areas of Expertise
Operations Management • Financial Planning & Analysis • Capital & Operating Budgets • Technical Leadership
Sales & Revenue Growth • Strategic Partnerships • Strategic Planning • Web Development • Customer Service
New Business Development • Negotiation • Project Management • Staff Training & Development
Business Re-Engineering • Executive Management • Performance Improvement
BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC, Boston, Massachusetts • 2004-Present
Assistant Vice President of Operations and Chief Financial Officer, Berklee Media–Berkleemusic.com,
Berkleemusicnetwork.com (October 2011-Present)
Promoted to President’s council in order to be part of the college-wide leadership team. Additionally given the task of
establishing a formal MIS/Risk Management function for Berklee Media to grow the online school (berkleemusic.com)
and the social network (berkleemusicnetwork.com) to a 30M+ operation.
Chief Operating Officer, Berklee Media–Berkleemusic.com, Berkleemusicnetwork.com (2008-September
Spur organizational growth through expert-level, comprehensive operations management encompassing accounting,
budget management, licensing, legal affairs, Human Resources, technical management, royalties, and financial
management. Optimize operations by merging several internal departments to strengthen overall communication,
heighten project success, and raise morale. Chart long-term profit growth through revenue goal-setting in conjunction
with the entity Vice-President. Ensure long-term productivity and operational viability through the creation of an
effective disaster recovery plan. Act as the liaison for Berklee’s HR department in interactions with Berklee Media.
• Expanded the Business and Operations team to include Technology, Sales, Customer Service, Finance, and
• Instituted vital systems, including registration, accounting, and royalties, skillfully meeting or shattering initial
• Achieved revenue goals for 3 consecutive years while inspiring a 98% student satisfaction rate after
implementing effective operational changes.
• Tapped to direct technology infrastructure management, immediately restructuring the technical team using
strong leadership, organizational, and high-level project management expertise.
• Revamped organizational 5-year objectives to set aggressive yet achievable goals using a relatively small staff
as part of an overall commitment to fulfilling the larger vision of becoming a $10M+ entity.
• Handpicked to lead the 8-person sales team after its split from the marketing department due to recognized
proficiency in customer service, student registration, and finance as well as to maximize operational efficiency
• Fueled the career development and growth of several team members through genuine interest in their
professional development, challenging and mentoring them as necessary. Retained 100% of assigned staff.
Director of Business Affairs, Berklee Media–Berkleemusic.com (2004-2007)
Catapulted the growth of the $10M online education and Berklee Press divisions, leveraging such income sources as
tuition and certificate program fee increases in fulfillment of a personally crafted 5-year plan. Achieved average
revenue growth topping 68%. Mapped new course offerings, personnel requirements, and the financial resources
needed to meet annual strategic goals.
R o b e r t F. G r e e n Page 2
Director of Business Affairs Cont.
Controlled the capital and operating budgets, tenaciously besting each fiscal year’s profit margins. Expanded student
base by initiating a financial aid and scholarship program for Berkleemusic.com students. Created a Music Learning
Partnership with private institutions.
• Overachieved revenue objectives for 3 consecutive years, ultimately garnering $2.1M in licensing revenues while
saving $2M+ in endowment funds.
• Led Berkleemusic.com to profitability for the first time after lowering the operating budget, moving beyond a
$2M+ loss to a $1.4M profit within one fiscal year. Boosted business overall using a subsequently higher
marketing and personnel budget while expanding the number of course offerings.
• Forged alliances with private high schools, the UCLA Extension Program, and RISD as part of the rollout of a
Music Learning Program. Boosted revenues through partnerships which enabled other institutions to offer
courses to their student base.
ADDITIONAL WORK HISTORY (Full details upon request)
INNERVISIONS, Boston, Massachusetts • 1998-2004
Director of Operations: Expanded and retained 85% of a broad customer base despite the dot.com crash for a
newly launched web development enterprise by sourcing and procuring private funding. Negotiated an ultimate
merger with a larger, more visible company. Spearheaded numerous web development and database projects valued
between $5K and $85K for clients in the education, banking, manufacturing, retail, advertising, and other industries.
Orchestrated 3rd party vendor relations. Brokered profitable contracts. Assisted the sales team with client relationship
management functions. Elevated staff morale by introducing health insurance and 401(K) plans. Expanded workforce
from 2 to 20 people.
• Developed a content management system well before their ultimate development and positioning as industry
• Skyrocketed sales by 300% by securing operating capital from traditional and online advertising sources as well
as by partnering with professionals with complementary skill sets .
• Slashed projects costs by 50% after transferring design and programming functions overseas.
• Captured numerous honors from such entities as the Golden Web Awards for well-crafted client websites,
including Danvers Bank, Standard Print, and Want Ad’s.
NTL COMMUNICATIONS, INC., Stoughton, Massachusetts • 1996-1998
Controller: Escalated a billing account portfolio from $0 to $8M over 2 years in partnership with the CFO of a new
Internet-based venture. Precipitated the introduction of such benefits as 401(K) plans, corporate functions, and work
flex-time. Oversaw 6 operational and billing specialists.
• Created an internal database distributing $200K+ in reseller commission disbursements each month.
• Led the company’s cross-country relocation while directing daily operations in Massachusetts.
• Heavily recruited to join the business by the CFO.
• Honored with the Employee of the Year Award.
E d u c a t i o n / A f f i l i a t i o n s / A w a r d s / Te c h n i c a l S k i l l s
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Magna cum Laude)
Concentration: Finance and Management
Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) • Instructional Technology Council (ITC)
Employee of the Month (2) • InnerVisions Web Awards for Site Design & Programming
PC compatibles • Macintosh • Windows • Microsoft Office Suite • DOS • QuickBooks • Quicken
Online Banking Software • Netscape Navigator • FileMaker Pro • FireFox • Morningstar Internet Applications
HTML • Various Technological Infrastructure Components • Internet-based Systems