Environmental Engineer, Ph.D.
TUBITAK MARMARA RESEARCH CENTER
Gebze / Kocaeli -TURKEY
Tel. Office: +90-262-***-****
Skype ID: ozer1313
• Experienced in field data acquisition and analyses with more than 19 years of
experience at different level and institutions.
• Experience in treatability research studies for water, hazardous and wastewater.
• Experienced in unit process design/assembly/operation.
• Experienced with gas chromatography and organic carbon analysis.
• Experienced with general environmental laboratory analyses.
• Familiarity with most common lab equipment.
• Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment science and engineering.
• Experienced in hazardous waste treatment and management.
• Familiarity with membrane systems.
• Experience with customer relations
• University of Arizona Ph.D. Environmental Engineering 2005
• Illinois Institute of Technology MS Environmental Engineering 1996
• Dokuz Eylul University BS Environmental Engineering 1993
2006 – Present TUBİTAK MAM Senior Researcher
TUBITAK MAM is a government operated research and development facility in Turkey.
Main responsibilities include proposal development for national and international level
projects, project management, and research/development for hazardous waste treatment
and other environmental technologies. One of the responsibilities is application of
research finding as pilot and/or full scale in the field. Training and informing new
employees, industry and the public is part of my job. I currently am coordinating a multi
partner European Union project entitled High efficiency in situ treatment technologies
that explores new and better ways to improve soil and groundwater remediation
techniques. Main interests include (but not limited to) wastewater reuse, water resources,
water and wastewater treatment technologies, groundwater resources and treatability
1996 - 2006 University of Arizona Research and Teaching Assistant
I had a breakthrough research project concerning the destruction of gas-phase VOCs.
Responsibilities include the supervision of student researchers involved in the project,
data compilation and analysis, vendor contact, handling of volatile gases and chemicals,
participation in grant proposal writing, as well as the coordination of and participation in
pilot study programs which involved rigorous field work. As a teaching assistant, I
supervised, monitored and prepared the undergraduate lab, which included a RO unit as
well as other unit operations for environmental engineering students.
1993 - 2000 Balikesir University Research Assistant
As a research assistant, I travelled to the United States in order to acquire a Master of
Science degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
1993 - 1996 Illinois Institute of Technology Research Assistant
I developed, created and spearheaded a project dealing with the treatment of hexavalent
chromium with sulfur reducing bacteria. Responsibilities included heavy vendor contact,
handling of volatile gas, sample processing and data compilation and analysis.
1992 – 1993 Dokuz Eylul University Research/Lab Assistant
As a research assistant, I collected and analyzed soil, gas, water and wastewater samples
to assess contamination levels leading to selection of treatment options and efficiencies
for various industries and water/wastewater treatment plants.
As a lab assistant, I supervised, monitored and prepared the undergraduate lab for
ADDITIONAL TRAINING/EXPERIENCE/ CERTIFICTAES:
• Water and wastewater treatment system design and operation
• Water and wastewater analysis
• Water distribution system design
• Wastewater reclamation and reuse
• Water resources
• Sewage collection system design
• Hazardous waste treatment and management
• Solid waste management
• Groundwater modeling and treatment
• Soil treatment
• Pilot plant design, construction and operation
• 40 hours hazardous waste (HAZMAT) operations training
• 12 hours membrane technology training
• Laboratory safety training
• Radiation protection for sealed sources
• Membrane technologies for water reuse and recycling
• Gas chromatography and applications
• Project management
• Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware
• Experience with field construction and operation of pilot scale treatment facilities
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent mechanical skills
• Expert in data display and analysis
• Skilled in equipment assembly and trouble shouting
• Excellent leadership abilities
• Bi-lingual in Turkish and English
Available on request.