Gainesville, FL 32608
Seeking full time opportunities starting immediately to utilize my skills as an HVAC engineer where they will find great application.
University of Florida Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering Fall 2011-Spring 2013
GPA: 3.73 / 4.0
Finite Element Analysis, Thermodynamics, Energy Management
Conduction, Energy Conversion, Gas Turbines and Propulsion,
Convective Heat Transfer, Solar Energy Utilization, Advanced Refrigeration
National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Bachelor of Tech., Mechanical Engineering Fall 2007-Spring 2011
GPA: 7.92 / 10.0
TECHNICAL SKILL SET
Carrier Hap, PIPESIZER, DuctSizer, Laboratory testing, CATIA, SolidWorks, ProEngineer, STAR CCM +, ABAQUS CAE, MATLAB
Graduate Research Assistant University of Florida 2012
- Designed feeding mechanism and the superheating circuit system for gasification of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) to obtain
syngas using superheated steam with a 3KW energy input.
- Set up the system and performed laboratory tests, received hands on experience with thermocouples, flow meters, mass
spectrometers, gas chromatography equipment and data acquisition systems.
- Performed process calculations for optimum steam to waste ratios and actual steam temperature measurements by
thermocouples using MATLAB and energy balance techniques.
Technical Intern Schlumberger Asia Services (Wireline), India 2009
- Assisted field engineers in a logging job on a drilling rig to check cementing integrity using Ultrasonic Imager Tool.
- Worked on logging tools like resistance, gamma ray and MDT tools while maintaining a safe work environm ent.
Technical Intern Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, India 2009
- Worked in the oil drilling division on drilling equipment li ke drill bits, drill pipes, casing, blowout preventers, Christmas
trees and well stimulation and well completion processes.
- Regularly visited drilling rigs and witnessed directional drilling and workover rig operations.
KEY ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Modeling and Simulation of an HVAC system for a commercial building, University of Florida, 2012
Designed and simulated the complete HVAC system for a commercial building using Carrier HAP. Simulated for office and
laboratory spaces using different energy conservation measures.
Design of Solar Air Heating and Air Conditioning system, University of Florida, 2013
Designed a Li-Br solar air heating and air conditioning system for an auditorium using f-chart method and pipesizer software.
Analysis and shape optimization of a torque arm using finite element techniques, University of Florida, 2013
Used finite element techniques to perform structural analysis of a torque arm used in vehicle suspensions in ABAQUS and
optimized its shape to minimize weight of the component using MATLAB.
Analysis and size optimization of a six bay truss structure using finite element techniques, University of Florida, 2013
Performed finite element analysis on a 6 bay truss structure using ABAQUS and further optimized the design for minimum material use using MATLAB.
Performance testing of jatropha as a biodiesel, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, 2010
Determined performance characteristics of various blends of “transesterified” Jatropha oil with Diesel.
Biofuels: For a healthier and wealthier India; International Conference on new frontiers in Biofuels, DTU, India, 2011
Future’s lifeline and present’s need-Biodiesel; 2nd National Conference on Energy, MITS, Lakshmangarh, India 2010.
Achievement Award from the College of Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville.
Academic Excellence Award for outstanding academic performance in Fall 2011.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
General Secretary (2010-2011), Literary Circle, NIT Durgapur
Organized Verve 2010, a national level literary cum youth fest and published Deja Vu, the official biennial newsletter of the institute.
Convener, Motor Zundung 2011, the Annual Technical Autofest of the Institute.