Mary E. Jordan
Glendale, Arizona 85306
Administrative professional with extensive experience supporting executives in various departments: Customer Service, Sales, Marketing and Collections. Demonstrated strength developing and implementing process improvements. Ability to problem-solve and communicate with all levels of an organization. Integrity, confidentiality and dedication are key components of my work ethic. Hands on experience with:
Calendar Management Spreadsheet Creation Electronic Payment Processing
Travel Arrangements Event Coordination Customer Service
Executive Presentations Job Aide Creation MS Office, Outlook, Visio, Project
December 2010 – May 2012
Salt River Project, Coronado Generating Station (Contract through Superior Technical Resources)
St Johns, AZ
• General clerical support for Facilities Support Services at a coal fired power plant.
• Timecard data entry, mail delivery, and filing.
Senior Process Analyst
June 2005 - June 2010
Qwest Communications, Phoenix, AZ
• Managed operational processes for bill payment options, including electronic payment processing, payment investigations as well as billing adjustments and refunds in the Consumer and Small Business market units.
• Wrote business requirements for system and non-system process improvement projects, conducted pre and post release user acceptance testing, and authored methods and procedures for customer service representatives.
• Reduced electronic check returned checks by 5% by adding a third party validation process and external positive and negative databases.
• Championed project to accept post-dated electronic payments to increase collections and decrease days billed outstanding on delinquent accounts by an average of 5 days.
• Co-managed project to charge a service fee for electronic payments processed by customer service agents. Generated $1.5M revenue in first quarter of 2010 and increased adoption of lower cost self-service bill payment options and online account management.
• Member of strategic team that created 3-year payment roadmap to increase customer options and decrease bill payment processing costs.
• Ensured PCI and NACHA compliance for web, telephone, and recurring payments.
December 2002 - June 2005
• Vendor manager for walk in bill payments. Achieved $800K expense reduction by moving from a no fee to convenience fee model for walk in cash bill payment at third party locations.
1989 - 2002
Qwest Communications (formerly U S WEST)
Executive support to the Regional Vice President of Customer Care, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Collections departments. Contributed to the success of each department in several ways, including:
• Calendar management
• Conference and travel arrangements
• Prepared, prioritized & distributed correspondence
• Creation and editing of PowerPoint presentations: long-range plans, operation & executive reviews
• Produced and maintained Microsoft Project plan for the creation of a Premier Sales Channel/Consumer division.
• Creation of quarterly and annual appraisal Excel spreadsheets to calculate overall rating of multi-component metrics
• Coordinated resolution and customer follow-up of executive customer complaints
• Team liaison with Human Resources, Accounting, and Payroll for Sales & Marketing personnel
• Trained and supervised two clerical employees
• Planned, coordinated and implemented small business customer events and trade shows in a 14-state region.
• Designed event participation assessment process flowchart.
• Coordinated events and fulfillment projects for the Consumer Solutions Marketing department, i.e. Hispanic market Cinch de Mayo events in 4 states, and the College Student Music Program
• Created administrative job aides
• Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Microsoft Project
• AMA Intermediate/Advanced Secretarial Workshops
• AMA Product Management Course
• Marketing Academy (University of Phoenix off-site Program) – Marketing Challenges
• AMA Management Skills for Executive Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
• AMA Supervisory Skills