Gretchen A. Kalet
Experienced, Outside Sales Professional seeking a position where I can apply my skills and background to consult in Outside Sales.
● Self-Employed Consultant.
● Over five years of progressively responsible positions in higher education settings:
Extended Graduate Campus, Continuing Education, College of Education.
● B.A. degree. Inter-disciplinary major: Sociology, Peace Studies, Creative Writing.
Substitute Teacher, Grades Pre-K-12. Drama & Music. 2012 – present.
Waltham Public Schools.
● Teach curriculum to classroom students to all age levels, including drama & music.
● Collaborate with paraprofessionals concerning needs of exceptional students.
● Delegate responsibility to teacher assistants to facilitate greater learning in classroom.
Self-Employed Education Consultant. 2007 – present.
● Develop & promote workshops, classes, & webinars.
● Coordinate registration, payment, instructor and text.
● Write press releases, articles, flyers, and letters to media outlets to promote events.
● Website management: HTML, Frontpage, Editing, Video production/Posting to You Tube.
● Creates community and a quantum change in behavior for positive change.
Program Coordinator, Extended Graduate Campus (EGC) 1998 – 2003.
Interim Director, EGC
Continuing Education Student Services Program Coordinator
University of South Carolina, Beaufort.
● Developed the Extended Graduate Campus from least productive to most productive office within State Regional Campuses. As Interim Director, I hired professors and staff to maintain programs and office administratively. Upon hire of new director, Dr. Martha Moriarty, we worked together producing contract classes for professional development. Shared growth to satellite campuses to create duplicity for change and success.
● Advised students for admission into thirty-five Graduate School programs.
● Recruited students for programs by attending education and trade fairs.
● Set-up graduate assistantships by working with business manager and department chairs.
● Developed and maintained EGC web-site.
● Advertised programs with shared budgets for both undergraduate and graduate programs / Shared resources / Presented Professional Masters of Business Administration (PMBA), Engineering programs (APOGEE) to Off-site Navy Nuclear Engineering programs in Charleston, SC.
● Promoted Continuing Education programs by writing and editing press releases and brochures / Scheduled speakers, meals, travel, tours, and lodging.
● Dale Carnegie Sales – Women in Business – Conflict Resolution seminars.
● HTML & Frontpage – Quickbooks software – Customer Service workshops.
KALET – PAGE 2
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Director of Marketing & Outside Sales 2003 – 2007.
Kitchen Design Center (KDC) Beaufort, South Carolina.
● Start-up position within young company, advanced sales by appointments and presentations with general contractors, architects, interior designers and real estate agents. Sales increased to a multi-million dollar company.
● Designed web-site, wrote press releases, articles, advertisements with National Market & Design expert Phil Zaleon to produce National visibility. Submitted design projects to national competitions to increase business & creditability. Produced an increase in sales.
● Attended Beaufort & Bluffton Chamber of Commerce business after hours and community functions to increase awareness of (KDC) to promote reputation. Membership in Lady’s Island Business Club resulted in articles written, awareness of products, and contacts established to promote business relationships in community.
● Created database of builders, real estate agents, and interior designers to facilitate relationships, presentations, and appointments for increase of business.
Front Office Manager, Guest Services Agent 1996 – 1998.
Fripp Island Resort Fripp Island, South Carolina.
● Managed daily operations of Front Office / Interviewed, hired, and trained Front Office
personnel / Cross-trained in Group Sales / Property Management / Maintenance.
● Wrote policy and procedures training manual and new job descriptions.
● Balanced front office daily report for check, cash, and credit card transactions.
● Increased yearly rental sales to six million dollars in 1997.
● St. Cloud State University. Minnesota. M.Ed. Coursework.
Special Education & Interdisciplinary Arts.
● Saint Olaf College. Minnesota. B.A. Paracollege.
Interdisciplinary Major:“Through Violence to Peace: A Feminist & Sociological Study”
Wrote a 100 page manuscript: “The social construction of women’s mental health
combining: research, social theory, poetry, and prose.
● Tufts University. Massachusetts. Peace & Justice Institute.
Selected as one of ten students nationwide to participate in program.
Intern at Sane/Freeze for economic conversion.
● Microsoft Vista: Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access ● Publisher ● Photo Editor
● Pagemaker ● 20/20 Cad Design ● Information Management Systems ● Word Perfect ● Mac Microsoft Work ● Quickbooks ● Frontpage ● HTML ● Outlook e-mail
● Set-Up and management of listservs.
● Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Blogging.
● Web Upload - Digital Camera.
● Director of Puppetry Program for At-Risk Teens.
● Children’s Education Coordinator, Non-Profit organization.
● Planning committee on Temple Beth Zion’s First Women’s Retreat.
● Pack & Deliver Food at Jewish Family Services.
● Advisement committee for Connecting Jewish Women’s Conference.
● Events Coordinator, Non-Profit organization.