Indianapolis, IN 46237
I am a multi-talented, highly-disciplined, and self-motivated medical editor/writer with demonstrated skills in a variety of corporate settings and with all levels of personnel. I have completed work for several large companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and personal products industries.
• 7 years in FDA-regulated industries with progressively increasing responsibility and demonstrated experience in supporting the strategic positioning of medical education and promotional programs and interacting and negotiating with clinical faculty and corporate clients during the development and onsite management of program content
• Complimentary combination of education and work experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-stress environment with minimum or no supervision
• Experienced in a variety of therapeutic areas including endocrinology, pediatric endocrinology, cardiology, psychiatry, and sexual dysfunction
3/2007 – Present DRIVE Medical Consulting & Communications Indianapolis, IN
Medical Editor – Scientific Affairs
• Work independently to ensure scientific accuracy, medical relevance, consistency, and approved style guidelines are implemented on all assigned projects
• Edit all assigned projects to AMA and house style guidelines
• Ensure accuracy of spelling, grammar, and syntax
• Execute reference searches and other Internet research
• Fact-check all documents for integrity of information and references
• Developed the house style guide and departmental standard operating procedures
Medical Writer – Scientific Affairs
• Research, write, edit, and review medical content for healthcare professional audience
• Align content strategically to the objectives of the activity and client
• Interact with client and faculty to guarantee all objectives are met
• Act as a mediator when working with multiple clients on a combined project
• Support the project and account managers to guarantee client satisfaction
• Assisted in training new –hire medical writer after only one month of performing the medical writer job
6/2006 – 8/2006 Safis-Solutions Indianapolis, IN
Senior Compliance Analyst/Technical Writer/Consultant
• Completed bibliographies for various FDA submissions
• Edited and proofread high-level scientific documentation
• Database updating
• Developed and edited various documents for FDA submission
8/2005-2/2006 CNG Financial Mason, OH
Communications Specialist/Technical Writer – Strategic Operations
• Restructured the content and design of the company’s organizational newsletter to better maintain consistency and accommodate the needs of 4000+ employees.
• Coordinated, developed, implemented, and maintained policies, procedures, and store system manuals by interacting with all departments in the corporate office and field representatives.
• Wrote, copyedited, proof read the company newsletter and other company publications/communications.
• Coordinated production of publications with outside vendors.
• Conceptualized themes for stories and sought out news, scheduled and attended photo shoots, took headshots, interfaced with photographers and other vendors.
4/2003-8/2005 Avon Products, Inc. Springdale, OH
Product Quality Clerk/Document Control/Senior Microbiology Technician
• Created/formatted/edited standard operating procedures
• Designed training matrices, maintained employee training files and
performed gap analyses to ensure proper/up-to-date employee training. These were used as templates for the entire facility.
• Developed and implemented a database for better organization and tracking of product
• Prepared testing materials from raw ingredients for microbiological testing
• Conducted microbiological and chemical testing on all facility lines to guarantee the prevention of product contamination
2001-2002 Chemicon International, Inc. Temecula, CA
Lab Technician I – Antibody Manufacturing
• Assisted in SOP composition, editing and implementation.
• Developed a method for performing the Heidleberger method of titration in bulk.
• Performed a variety of vivarium work to include checking in animals, feeding, injection of monoclonal antibodies, expression of ascites, disposal of animals.
• Prepared solutions and buffers and successfully completed all steps of antibody purification (Octanoic, Ammonium Sulfate, Column CL-4B Gel) on a regular basis
• Purification dialysis
• ELISA testing
• Immunoelectrophoretic Evaluation (IEP)
• Product filling, labeling storing
• Heidleberger method of titration (serial dilution)
• BioCAD operation
Present Ashford University
2003-2005 University of Phoenix
2000-2001 Mount San Jacinto College
San Jacinto, CA
1998-1998 University of Maryland
1997-1998 University of Indianapolis
1995-1997 International School of Dusseldorf, Germany
* H.S Diploma and IB Biology Certificate
• Highly-proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, PageMaker, Publisher, Photoshop certified, web design software, other Adobe and graphics programs
• Fully conversational or better in 4 languages
• Expert in AMA, APA, and other formats
References: Available upon request.