Nikhil Makhija (Nik)
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 781-***-****
State Street Bank & Trust, Boston, MA Jan 2011- Present
Senior Fund Administration Manager (Treasury Deptartment)
• Acting as a Liaison between Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting Groups, Compliance Shared Services, Financial Auditors and multiple Clients on different platforms.
• Strong understanding of Investment banking, Fixed Income, Bonds, Equities, Derivatives (Options and Futures), Fund Accounting, Portfolio Management, Wealth Management.
• Good understanding of Front-Office, Middle-Office, and Back-Office processing, trading life cycle (including trade initiation, execution, confirmation, matching, Straight Through Processing (STP), settlement, post-settlement and cancellation of trades).
• Strong understanding in reading and interpreting various financial Statements and the extended usages associated.
• Foreseeing and managing a group of four employees at a corporate level.
• Keeping good track of the historical financial records and monitoring current daily activities including any adjustments made on the books relating expenditure.
• Keeping track records for Invoice payments for multiple clients and responsible for foreseeing Expense vs. Liability buckets for budgeting purposes.
• Expert knowledge in preparing and understanding complex journal entries. Also, responsible for keeping track and making sure these entries hit the books accordingly for audit purposes.
• Interacting with several parties on a daily basis, using several different elicitation techniques to keep up with the updates and providing new business solutions as needed. This also includes Clients as well as Project Managers and Business Analysts for a good understanding and requisitions for applications as well as complex Macros.
• Strong knowledge in understanding the difference between Trials and Book Balances (GAAP).
• Monitor and reconcile Accrual and Expense Analysis using Ad Hoc, Trial Balances, Book trails, and Roll forwards.
• Both preparing and analyzing quarterly budgets for multiple clients using corporate systems, General ledger, trial balances and expense analysis.
• Experience in calculating daily Management Fee Waivers (direct and indirect Waiver Calculations).
• Solid understanding of various Fund structures such as Fund of Funds and Underlying Funds.
• Responsible for calculating monthly Management Fees on behalf of multiple clients.
• Responsible for 24F-2 fee calculations and getting approved by the client before submitting it with the SEC Exchange.
• Responsible for creating Fund distribution rates calculations and further monitoring and coordinating results to associated parties.
• Responsible for preparing Semi-Annual Total Returns as well as Annual Returns.
• Responsible for preparing and filing proper 1042s and 1099s for the funds at Yr. End and complying with the SOPs and SEC Exchange.
• Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting, inclusive of commenting structure and the reports compiled as contingents within Annual, Semi-Annual & NQ Reporting.
• Responsible for updating all the Mutual fund Prospectuses and distributing accordingly to all the clients, meeting all the hard the soft deadlines with the highest ethics in commitment.
The Bank of New York Mellon Financial, Everett, MA 2007- 2011
Fund Accounting & Reporting Senior Specialist 2009- 2011
Fund Accounting & Reporting Specialist 2007-2009
• Responsible for the daily calculation of NAV and reconciling the annual, semi-annual, and quarterly financial statements for a management company with a diverse range of funds with assets over $450 billion.
• Assumed responsibility for the team when management was overseas working on an outsourcing initiative.
• Principal point of contact with the client and auditors to appropriately distribute the suitable annual, semi-annual, and quarterly statements to meet deadlines.
• Preparing fund expense proformas; reviewing fund expenses and accruals; coordinating and sustaining proper communication with the client and internal management.
• Working with the Fund Administration Compliance Manager in fund compliance monitoring, Board Book preparation, and compliance manuals/training.
• Reporting and communicating statistical and performance data to fund management and industry publications.
Sovereign Bank, Waltham, MA 2006-2007
Client Service Representative
• Responsible for establishing precise, detail specific cash flow records
• Provide administrative services including highly efficient organizational techniques
Surai Inc., Danvers, MA 2005-2006
• Evaluate business performance of small entities for acquisition purposes
• Transform scattered forms of small company’s financial documentation to a billing format compatible w/ Quick Books Pro
Apple Tree Food Store, Merrimack, NH 2002-2005
• Establish effective sales analysis, organization and administration of personnel
• Budget and research proper goods for commerce while maintaining business integrity
Lasell College, Newton, MA May 2007
Bachelor of Science with Honors, Finance G.P.A. 3.34/4.0
Dean’s List, National Honors- French
O/S: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT
DATABASE: Access, CMS, IAS, MCH
DATA FEEDS: Bloomberg, JP Morgan Price direct, Markit, Reuters, FTID, IDC
SOFTWARE: MS Word, Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, PowerPoint, Lexis-Nexis, ORACLE, Client Reporting & Workbench, WebSTP, WebEX, MS Visio
LANGUAGE: Word Perfect, HTML, SQL
Series 3 (National Commodity Futures Exam) – Pending Completion.
Business Analysis Certification Completion – June 2012
Account Reconcilement Certification of Completion – December 2007
IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Counseling – April 2006
QuickBooks 2005 Bookkeeping – September 2005
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistant) Representative – March 2004
Bermis School of Real Estates – June 2002