WALTER HARRY MAY
A Survey Party Chief with more than 30 years of experience in civil engineering, construction and development. Encompasses the ability to work with sub contractors and management, directing design and execution phases. Proven experience with on-site project management, delivering projects, both residential and commercial, within time and budgetary constraints.
Core competencies include:
Budget Development Customer Service
Topcon 303 / 802/ A1A; WILD T16, Geodemeter / 600 / 5600 / S6, TRIMBLE, LIEKA, LIETZ, SOKIA, KERN, HP, ZIES, DATA COLC, SOKIA 33 31, Geodmeter Face Plate TSC1 AND TSC2, TDS Ranger And Recon, HUSKY with C&G Software, HP 48 WITH TDS AND SMI Software, GPS, TRIMBLE 400*-****-**** 480*-****-**** STATIC & RTK RTK with VRS, Astech Models, Topcon Static AND RTK RTK WITH VRS
Allied Barton Security
Security officer rover at citi finance 9//10-present
Walked around site make sure all doors and gates are secured Ft Mill SC
Field Engineer, 04/08-Present
Allied Concrete Forming, Concord, NC
• Oversee and coordinate building and parking deck plans development, contributing to the overall successful construction of projects.
Survey Party Chief/ Field Engineer, 10/06-01/08
Issacs Group, Charlotte, NC
• Championed the construction and design of layout for residential/ commercial developments. Managed jobs with GPS.
Survey Party Chief / Field Engineer, 03/03-10/06
PBS&J Charlotte, NC
• Responsible for managing a two man layout crew with GPS. Corresponded with engineering and military bases utilizing SCDOT, NCDOT, and GDOT. Reviewed Fort Detrick MD for National Cancer Reach Center utilizing GPS. Managed Parkersburg WV, underground water cleanup project as well as interstate pavement construction assignment. Performed high water marks in Mississippi, Florida and Georgia after national disasters.
Survey Party Chief / Field Engineer, 02/02-03/03
RB Pharr Charlotte, NC
• Successfully established Topos Altas Asbuilts map making boundaries.
Survey Party Chief / Field Engineer, 04/00-02/02
Land Design Charlotte, NC
• Utilized GPS technology to manage a two man robotic crew assigned to residential/ commercial development projects. Benchmarked and led the Topos Altas Asbuilts boundaries process.
Survey Party Chief / Field Engineer, 01/89-04/00
ESP and Associates, Charlotte, NC
Administered residential/ commercial, interstate, and bridges development. Surveyed Marine Training Base Pairs Island, Fort Bennings, and Fort Bragg utilizing Asbuilts Altas map making, Topo boundaries, GPS static and RTK
Worked on multiple pipelines from Alabama to Washington DC
ALLIED CONCRETE FORMING
4413 REPUBLIC DR
CONCORD NC 28207
4/2008 TO PRESENT
FIELD ENGINEER LAY OUT BUILDING`S AND PARKING DECK FOR CONST
OCT. 2006 THRU 1/2008
ONE ROBTIC CONSTRUCTION LAY OUT RESUDINAL AND COMMERCICAL
ALTA SURVEYS ASBUILTS`
SET CONTROL ON JOBS USING GPS
5200 77 CENTER DR
5665 NEW NORTHSIDE DR
MARCH 2003 TO OCT 2006
TWO MAN ROBTIC LAY OUT CREW WITH GPS
TOPOS BOUNDRIES TREE LOCATION
SURVEYED FORT DETRICK MD FOR NATIONAL CANCER REACH CENTER USING GPS AND CONV METHIODS
PARKERSBURG WV FOR UNDERGROUND WATER CLEANUP
US 441 FOR WIDING FROM DOUGLAS GA TO MCREA GA TOTAL OF 46 MILES
INTERSTATE I95 TO TEST A NEW TYPE OF PAVEMENT
DID HIGH WATER MARKS IN MISS FL GA AND FL AFTER HARICANES
CHARLOTTE = MARK FUNKHOUSER
ATLANTA = R A HATHAWAY
FEB 2002 TO MARCH 2003
TOPOS ALTAS ASBUILTS MAP MAKING BOUNDRIES
APRIL 2000 TO FEB 2002
TWO MAN ROBOTIC WITH GPS
LAY OUT CREW RES AND COMMERCIAL
TOPOS ALTAS ASBUILTS BOUNDRIES
ESP AND ASSOC
JAN 1989 TO APRIL 2000
CONST LAY OUT RES AND COMMERCIAL
ASBUILTS ALTAS MAP MAKING
GPS STATIC AND RTK
ROUTE SURVEY FOR PART OF I 485 / CONSRUTCION ON I 485
ROUTE SURVEY FOR NEW ROUTE ON HWY 16
USING GPS AND CONV EQUIMENT
MARINE TRAINING BASE PARIS ISLAND SC
FORT BENNINGS GA
FORT BRAGG NC
SEVERAL ROAD AND BRIDGE WIDING PROJECTS THRU OUT NC AND SC USING GPS
SET CONTROL ON JOBS USING GPS
DEC 1987 TO JAN 1989
DEWBERRY AND DAVIS
OCT 1986 TO NOV 1987
MARCH 1984 TO OCT 1986
STARNES AND ASSOC
MARCH 1982 TO MARCH 1984
Some of the jobs I've been on
• In Cayce, SC I did the construction survey for the South Carolina Electric and Gas Headquarters (SCANA) located at the corner of Saxe Gothard Road and 12th Streets. I also layed out the footings, checked the rebar, anchor bolts and set wall alignments. A Topcon, total station was used in this project.
• In Burlington, NC I did the construction stake out for a mall using Trimble Robotic and Trimble R6 GPS with VRS. Two separate subdivisions were staked out using Trimble R6 GPS with TSC2 with VRS.
• On US441 from Douglas GA to McRea GA I staked a new alignment and topoed 350 feet each side of the alignment. This project was accomplished by using Ashtec GPS and Trimble Robotic Instruments. The alignment and topo had to go through swamp, farm land and overgrown woods.
FORT DETRICK, MD
• At the National Cancer Center in Frederick, MD I did location work using Ashtech GPS and Trimble robotic instruments.
• An underground water cleanup stake out and location was accomplished using Ashtech GPS and Trimble robotic instruments.
• Topo land fill was done after being covered with the last layer. Then extraction wells for gas relieve were staked. This was done all over North and South Carolina before VRS technology by using a Control Loop using static and set up base station and work inside loop.
• A Trimble 4000 was used for location work for the widening of Interstate 40 through Capel Hill and into Raleigh.
• Stake outs work was done for I485 in the Charlotte area using Trimble 4000 and Trimble robotic instruments.
• Topo and construction work was done for a mall in Concord, NC. This job involved using static gps control on bridges and subdivisions.
ALABAMA and MISSISSIPPI
• After Katrina using Ashtech gps the location of the highest point of water inland was located in Alabama and Mississippi.
• Stake out of natural gas lines, fiber optic cable lines, sanitary sewer lines, underground water lines petroleum pipelines and roads using various GPS and robotic instruments.
GPS knowledge – began using in late 1997. On a scale of 1-10, I would put my expertise as an 8 due to the constantly changing technology.
Rockingham, NC - Located 1000 acres of wetland using Trimble Pathfinder
Charlotte, NC 2 100 acres each, did the topo after clearing using Trimble 4600 with a TSC-1 data collector
I have topoed in rough mountain terrain, swamps, wetlands, desert, farm and rural land as well as urban and suburb areas.
I have no doubts of my physical and mental ability to survey for 21 days straight on any terrain.
If you need any additional information, please feel to contact me at your convenience.
Paris Island, Ft Bragg, Ft Bennings
was contracted to Duke Power for a year doing power line sueveys boundries padcels subviding
BEFORE 1982 WORKED IN THE OIL INDUSTRY
WORKING ON DRILLING RIGS ON AND OFF SHORE
WENT TO WORK WITH MY BROTHER ON A SURVEY CREW IN 1977 DOING WELL STAKE OUTS AND PIPELINES IN WEST TEXAS AND NEW MEXICO
STARTED SURVEYING ON A SEISMIC CREW FOR OIL EXPLORATION WORKED ALL OVER THE WESTERN UNITED STATES AND SOME IN CANADA
THIS WORK CONSISTED OF LAYING OUT LINES FOR THE RECORDING EQUIPMENT
THESE LINES WERE FROM 1 TO 20 MILES LONG AND ANYWHERE UP 200+ MILE PROJECTS
WITH THE LINES CROSSING EACH OTHER DOING A TIC TAC TOE PATTERN
HAVE EXPERIANCE USING
TOPCON 303 / 802/ A1A
WILD T16 /
GEODEMETER / 600 / 5600 / S6
SOKIA 33 31
GEODMETER FACE PLATE TSC1 AND TSC2
TDS RANGER AND RECON
HUSKY WITH C&G SOFTWARE
HP 48 WITH TDS AND SMI SOFTWARE
Expertise on a scale of about a 8. Due to new technology changing all the time
ASHTECH DON’T REMEMBER THE MODEL
Certification and Examinations
Surveyor Exam - SIT B-1307, 1996