**** **** ******** *****, **********, TX 75056
Phone: 972-***-**** • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful, versatile, Human Resource and business-oriented professional with a solid 6-year record of solid accomplishments in a broad range of HR engagements. Equipped with an MBA, Green belt in Six-Sigma and affiliation with the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), experience spans several industries such as manufacturing, utilities, banking, healthcare, and technology. Versed in developing, managing, and interacting with both senior executives and front-line employees. Successful track record in aligning HR initiatives with business strategies and key performance outcomes. Proven ability to move a project from inception to completion and to create alignment at all levels of the organization. Seeking a full-time position within the Human Resources function, as an HR generalist or manager.
HR Service Delivery Assessment
Budget & Financial Management
HR Organization Design
Vendor Search, Selection, & Evaluation
On-Boarding Program Development
HR Strategy Design
Project & Stakeholder Management
HR Process Reengineering
Change Management Strategy Development
PricewaterhouseCoopers — Dallas, TX, 10/04-Present
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, HUMAN RESOURCE EFFECTIVENESS (9/08-PRESENT)
ASSOCIATE, HUMAN RESOURCE EFFECTIVENESS (10/04-9/08)
PwC's Human Resource Effectiveness Practice assists larges employers with improving the performance of the HR organization, including improving the delivery of HR programs, aligning HR and people strategies with business objectives, streamlining and standardizing HR policies, practices and processes and transforming the HR organization to be more effective in managing human capital. My role on this team is to assist and lead client engagements that result in a high level of satisfaction for the client and the firm.
• Acquisition organizational design and workforce planning. Assisted senior HR leadership of a bank with the reorganization, expansion, and organizational changes following the acquisition of a competitor. Preformed pre transaction due diligence including translating the conceptual organizational design into a detailed organizational structure, identifying the required staffing levels for each function, creating job descriptions, performance metrics, and staffing positions for the new function.
• Absence Management (AM) strategy evaluation. Co-managed the evaluation of the current state design & performance of existing AM programs of a world leader in snack, foods, and beverage distribution. Analyzed STD/LTD, FMLA, and Worker's Compensation processes and technologies. Responsibilities included interviewing stakeholders, developing the future state AM programs through process and role mapping, RFI creation and evaluation, and business case justification for transitioning client's US business regional divisions to an Integrated Disability Management delivery model.
• Open enrollment and benefit communications. As a result of an acquisition, partnered with VP of HR and Director of Benefits of an aluminum company to identify critical path for all open enrollment activities. As project manager, identified all changes in benefit plans, coordinated with new benefit & disability vendors to ensure services were fully operational for day one of open enrollment. Created benefit guides and presentations which were delivered to over 700 employees.
• HR service delivery assessment. Co-managed the HR workstream as part of a large-scale transformation of a hospital. Led stakeholder interviews and conducted HR Saratoga activity surveys. Assessed the client's current HR strategy and identified short & long term improvement opportunities with supporting metrics in technology, organizational structure, and operations.
• HR vendor search and selection. As project manager, completed a vendor search and selection for outsourcing Payroll, Benefits, and HRIS for a major casino chain and local airline company. Responsibilities included developing the project plan, evaluation requirements, request for proposal, evaluating vendor responses, and calculating return on investment. Managed vendor relationship, staff, budget, and timeline.
• Performance coaching and development. Engaged staff in discussions regarding career development and advancement opportunities. Delivered difficult messages regarding performance and partnered with reviewers to provide additional developmental feedback.
• Divestiture and change management strategy. Advisory leader for the labor relations, HRIS, total rewards, and recruiting workstreams for a utility company in support of an enterprise-wide divestiture. Led all project and change management activities connected with the transaction, project plan development and monitoring, designing workshops for HR and functional leaders to discuss critical path and risks related to the spin-off, and revision of HR policies for the new and existing companies.
• Talent & training assessment. Supported a HR organizational redesign of a global beverage manufacturer. Responsibilities included, ROI analysis of new operational model, defining jobs and competencies for the future state organizational structure, conducting a skills assessment for all current staff, and developing a training strategy to address skills gaps identified.
• Onboarding strategy development. Co-managed the current state assessment, reengineering, and implementation of a client's onboarding process, supporting programs, and IT infrastructure using Six Sigma methodology. Contributed to an annual 3% reduction in turnover by devising a new comprehensive onboarding strategy to iterate client's culture and values and to position the client as a leader in this space. Led all project and change management activities associated with project plan development and monitoring, stakeholder and communication management.
• Leadership development. Selected to participate in PwC’s leadership development program as Chief of Staff for the People and Change practice. Managed operational functions for the practice including financials (budgeting, progress reporting, and revenue pipeline analysis), deployment/recruiting analysis, executive communications (e-newsletter/webcast), initiation and strategic initiatives to improve practice performance and revenue generation.
• PMO strategy design and implementation. Designed and implemented a Program Management Office (PMO) for a mid-size banking institution. Responsibilities included development of a PMO charter, evaluation of project portfolio management vendors, and designing an operations guide detailing the PMO's responsibilities throughout the project lifecycle. Interviewed PMO Directors on behalf of client.
• Global HRO service delivery design. Assisted with developing of a multi-process HRO global service delivery model for a large outsourcing provider by developing event models, process narratives, process maps and functional requirements for Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Payroll, Workforce Development and Benefits.
Citigroup Smith Barney — Dallas, TX, 10/03-10/04
FINANCIAL ANALYST, CAPITAL MARKETS
Prepared client portfolios and conducted risk-rewards analysis on client accounts. Ensured accurate data entry in multiple software applications to generate client specific net-worth, asset allocations, and retirement plans. Trained new interns on the use of proprietary software and delegated tasks based on individual strengths.
First Horizon Home Loans — Irving, TX, 5/03-10/03
HR ASSOCIATE, EMPLOYEE SERVICES
Supported the HR organization by sourcing talent, reviewing candidate applications, preparing new hire orientation packets, and assisted with new hire day one orientation activities. Maintained HR employee records in HRIS and partnered with Compensation, Benefit, Finance, and IT managers to identify what critical skills their organizations needed to sustain growth.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
Master's of Business Administration Focus in Organizational Strategy
University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX — 2005
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration -Minor in Economics and Finance (Cum Laude)
University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX — 2003
Six Sigma Green Belt certified by PricewaterhouseCoopers
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) - Plan to take in December 2009
BUSINESS AFFILIATIONS / COMMUNITY ACTIVISTS / AWARDS
SHRM • Human Resource Outsourcing Association • Recruitment Process Outsourcing Association • Ryan Foundation for MPS Children • Junior Achievement • Meals on Wheels • UT-Dallas Conference Soccer Player of the Year • Verizon Academic All-American (First UT-Dallas athlete to receive honor)