Janeine A. Berryman
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 571-***-****
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Recruitment and Staffing Processes
Development of HR Policies and Procedures
OFCCP and EEOC Compliance
Compensation Analysis and Administration
Windows Catering Company– Alexandria, VA April 2011 – April 2012
Director of Human Resources
• Responsible for all HR, Payroll, and Benefits functions at a 150 employee US based company.
• Established standard recruiting practices and procedures. Directed a process of organizational planning that evaluated structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company, complying with all AAP / EEOC policies and procedures. Worked with third party consultant to produce annual AAP document.
• Designed and delivered training, safety, education, and development programs to the company. Administered wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services (health, dental, life, AD&D, COBRA, 401(k), workers compensation, OSHA).
• Determined and recommended employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employer-employee relationships. Provided mediation to resolve disputes. Established disciplinary action plan.
Academy for Educational Development– Washington, DC December 2008 – April 2011
Global Human Resources Officer
• In addition to Senior HR Associate responsibilities: conducted and managed first day orientation, provided full cycle recruitment services for assigned business groups for administrative to senior level positions.
• Management of AED interns, internship and work study programs. Creation and proposal of a new internship program.
• Provided new created recruitment reports and metrics.
• Assisted Associate Director GHR Services in developing and implementing recruitment processes and procedures.
Senior HR Associate & Internship Coordinator
• Worked with a federally contracted international development organization of approximately 2500 employees in 65 countries. Assisted with on-boarding and orientation for US employees as well as the processing of new hire paperwork for international employees, TCNs and HCNs.
• Headed and managed AED’s internship program by recruiting undergraduate and graduate students, writing and posting job descriptions, attending job fairs, screening and interviewing potential candidates, and coordinating the tri-annual internship orientation.
• Recruited Grade 4 and Grade 5 positions, conducted interviews and administered appropriate skill tests; reference checks; background checks; and salary negotiations.
• Responsible for full-cycle data entry and transaction processing into the HRIS system; from tracking resumes to terminating employees, ensuring accuracy and completion for payroll processing.
• Assisted the department as needed, counseling staff on policies and procedures related to HR and aiding the employment officers with processing for visas, employment verifications, terrorism checks, and department events.
J.E. Robert Companies– McLean, VA September 2006 – December 2008
• Part of a four person HR Department, supporting the Directors of HR in managing approximately 200 employees in 12 different locations worldwide.
• Benefits Administration, personnel file management, HRIS system data entry and maintenance, served as a point of contact for employee issues, claims and questions.
• Assisted Director with quarterly performance tracking (goal setting, coaching, accomplishments, and year-end reviews), collected and tracked data in HRIS system, ensuring completion of required documents, and generating reports.
• Managed annual college recruiting efforts and job postings, managed metrics, performed phone screening and background checks, coordinated interview schedules at corporate and remote locations.
• Maintained information on the internal company website, as well as the HR website, (employee directory, employee handbook, photo album, new hire gallery, job postings)
Simon Property Group-Roseland, NJ March 2005 – September 2006
• Assistant to the Vice President of Development and Acquisitions, two Directors of Development and Acquisitions, and two Senior Project Managers.
• Served as an attendance keeper for the department, entered work hours, submitted vacation requests and kept track of sick, personal, and vacation days.
• Heavy travel arrangements, scheduled meetings, coordinated conference calls, copying, filing, logged expenses, prepared contracts in accordance to budget, and processed invoices.
• Created presentations, worked with mapping software, researched area retail competitors and economic growth potential in various markets, and assembled marketing packets.
Prime Hospitality Corporation- Fairfield, NJ July 2004 - March 2005
HR Administrative Assistant
• Temporary Assistant to the Vice President of Associate Relations and Senior Vice President of Human Resources.
• Responsible for answering phones, scheduled meetings, created PowerPoint presentations, letters and company memorandums, coded and processed invoices, and created spreadsheets
• Acted as backup support daily for the receptionist, logged visitors and operated the switchboard.
• Kept track of length of service for all properties, ordered supplies for multiple departments within the home office, and executed hotel reservations for employees.
Catholic University of America- M.A. Human Resource Management, May 2010
• Relevant Coursework: Budgeting and Metrics, HR Information Systems & Communication, Labor-Management Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Conflict Resolution, Strategic Planning for HR Managers, HR Training and Development, Legal Environment in HR.
James Madison University- B.A. Theatre and Dance, May 2005
Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Outlook), Internet Explorer, Lotus Notes, Ceridian/CRS
DeLorme Mapping, Portfolio Allocate, E-Time, iPay, AMSI, StarService, ADP, HR/Perspective, Visio