Assistant Controller (Atlanta, GA)
The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller, and is responsible for the month-end close, reviewing
financial information and managing processes.
• Responsible for all aspects of accounting operations including establishment and enforcement of the
company’s accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP requirements, ensuring the
integrity of the company’s financial data and reporting.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Participate in monthly financial reviews and assist Controller with the preparation and presentation of these
• Records General Ledger entries and prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
• Manages the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements,
invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting and cost
• Responsible for the monthly close process, reviewing financial results to ensure in accordance with
• Prepare and review all journal entries, month-end reports and reconciliations.
• Proactively identify business improvement opportunities and either implement them or communicate them to
management for implementation.
• Assist Controller with completion of the year-end audit process.
• Analyze sales, financial, costing and operational data, and extract and define relevant information.
• Analyze and communicate key metrics of the company’s performance (against history, budget, forecast, and
strategic plan) for decision making, plan reviews and operational support.
• Five to seven years of accounting related experience, including financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting,
consolidation, and analysis, including two years of supervisory experience.
• Strong analytical ability to conduct research, process data, and resolve complex problems.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA or CPA track preferred.
• Strong general ledger skills including month end close, recording journal entries, budget to actual variance.
analysis, balance sheet account reconciliations, bank reconciliations etc.
• Budgeting experience including updating of monthly forecast information.
• Advanced Excel skills are a pre-requisite (vlookup, sum-if, pivot tables, etc.)
• Proven experience analyzing large amounts of data and creating value added reports for management.
• Microsoft Access skills (linking of tables; building queries; importing resulting datasets into Excel for
• Large ERP experience a plus.
• Knowledge of inventory accounting (knowledge of reporting a plus).
• Experience with Accounts Receivable a plus.
• Demonstrated teamwork and organizational skills as well as the ability to work independently with a high
sense of self-motivation.
• Excellent time-management skills, with a proven record of juggling priorities and meeting multiple deadlines.