Field Sales Application Engineer
Midwest Based Territory (Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio)
$100-150K plus 25% bonus and company car
Our client is looking to hire a Field Sales Application Engineer for their Midwest Territory. This individual should be currently living in WI, IL, IN or OH. The Field Sales Application Engineer includes but is not limited to responsibility for the technical relationships at key customers for all product solutions. Additionally this position will provide technical support and product integration assistance to customers. This position requires weekly face-to-face meetings with customers for technical and sales support.
• Work with OEMs, contract manufacturing and contract engineering firms to deliver complete solutions to our customers.
• Serve as the technical interface to customers and assist with getting customers to market in a timely fashion.
• Provide project management support to medical device manufacturer and contract manufacturing accounts to promote them into the production phase.
• Manage specification and requirements discussions.
• Lead technical support activities both before and after the design-in is secured.
• Coordinate Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) and Value Improvement Process (VIP) activities with customers.
• Prioritize customers based on their alignment with commercial and strategic focus.
• Be the internal advocate for the customer to ensure that their needs are met effectively by company in support delivery.
• Provide technical product training to customers and partners to enable customers/partners to develop end products effectively with products.
• Lead presentations and discussions regarding the technical and economic aspects of our products and technologies in the pre design-in phase.
• Collaborate with our globally based departments such as sales, operations, quality, product management, market management, and R&D on building a solid sales pipeline of project opportunities.
• Provide market and product management and other appropriate groups within the company with data relative to market requirements, product shortcomings, competition, warranty problems, and any other information obtained through customer contact.
• Minimum BS degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or other technical major.
• Minimum of 5 years engineering or technical sales experience.
• Past work experience in polymers or extrusion experience a plus.
• Medical Device Industry experience strongly desired.
• Must have strong experience in customer facing, experience with presentations, meeting face-to-face.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Focused attention to detail and timely follow-up ability.
• Accuracy and good organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Product Development Process (PDP) and global industry and regulatory approval path knowledge
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to travel regularly on a domestic basis with some international travel.
• The ability to challenge theteam to deliver to customer requirements in a timely manner.
• Mathematic abilities to apply concepts such as fractions, unit conversions, geometry, statistics and proportion
• Ability to interpret a range of technical information furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
• PC literate with experience in MS Office and database applications such as CRM systems.