EBO Operations Manager needed in Medical Collections! Job #1692
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Compensation: Very Competitive
The function of the EBO Operations Manager is to oversee the daily operational management of the EBO Department. Such scope is performance and issues based and reports to the Division Director. The department goal is to ensure optimum production and recovery dollars, handling personnel issues, work distribution and exemplary communication with collectors, clients, and managers.
Ideal candidate will have EBO management background, preferably medical collections - hospital based; or collection agency management - healthcare; or hospital business office, multi-physician practice or CBO management . Healthcare Collections and Revenue Cycle Management understanding experience REQUIRED.
* Self motivated with strong communication skills.
* Strong work ethic and an unfailing desire to achieve individual and team goals.
* Firm understanding of early out program self pay, balance after insurance and insurance follow-up day 1-60. [Accounts assigned are HOSPITAL OR PHYSICIAN SERVCIES BASED with the majority being inpatient hospital visits].
* Ability to understand multi- patient accounting systems such as MediTech, McKesson Star, AS400, EPIC, Soarian, HBOC, etc.
* Ability to understand healthcare claims processing, edits, UB04 and HCFA1500.
* Ability to interpret EOB's, denials and medical records data.
* Understand copays, deductibles, co-insurance, non- covered charges and insurance processing cycles.
* Able to speak to patients and insurance carriers and dun for payment and information.
* Ensure that highest level of customer service is maintained on all calls and with all clients at all times.
* Previous management experience of a team of 75+ for a minimum of 5+ years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure all applicable federal and state laws are followed at all times
* Day- to- day management of the entire EBO Department - including Assistant Manager, Team Leads, Collectors (Private Pay and Insurance), Support and On Site Staff.
* Scope process includes report and inventory reviews, staffing, training, performance reviews, audits, meetings, timekeeping and overall efficiencies of scale
* Process revision, development and documentation. Ensure that all training materials are up-to-date and oversee all training for all areas assigned.
* Goal and performance setting for clients and all staff members. Ensure that all collectors and support staff are meeting or exceeding established goals and deadlines and provide re-training as necessary
* Review facility and staff collection statistics, goal thresholds, letter and process audits to ensure that all targets are achieved. Identify process challenges and make immediate remediation
* Oversee daily inventories and workloads within all departments
* Oversee daily dialer tracks, algorithms, call volumes and staff accordingly. Strong understanding of predictive dialer in call center environment and management of such.
* Monitor calls, answer patient and client complaints in a timely manner
* Ensure optimal levels of client and patient satisfaction
* Objective and fair execution of disciplinary actions as set by company policy. Counseling and disciplinary execution as needed. Communicate elevated issues to Director of Human Resources
* Select, monitor and train all Team Leads and Supervisors. Teach supervisory training classes.
* Oversee new client implementation. Sit in on all scheduled client calls and be apprised of all client issues on a daily basis.
* Personally visit clients and travel with sales team as needed. Visit on site staff and provide training as needed.
* Attend any required events
* Communicate with IT at the corporate level regarding system issues and client requests for enhancements.
* Work in conjunction with corporate office to provide data regarding budget and fee revenues on a monthly or as needed basis
* Assist in preparing quarterly and monthly revenue projections
* Report challenges regarding operational, staff, patient and client issues to the Division Director.
* Communicate with corporate office as necessary or directed
* Cover for the Assistant Manager as needed. Assist Director in growth planning
* Constant focus on urgency and immediate resolution on all accounts
* Works as a team player in conjunction with other departments and reports issues to appropriate manager
* Follow all office procedures to maintain integrity of company
* Open/close office ensuring safety of all associates on company property
* Other duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates / Registrations & Education:
Completion of the FDCPA and HIPAA Standards exams
High school diploma or general education degree required
Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
Must demonstrate proficiency in personal computers, MS Office Word & Excel.
5 years of managerial experience required and knowledge of the collection industry required, hospital insurance collections and firm grasp of healthcare A/R Cycle. Knowledge of HIPAA, FDCPA & FCRA laws required.
BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS: (Candidates must answer)
1. Completion of the FDCPA and HIPAA Standards exams.
2. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
3. 5+ years of managerial experience required in the collection industry including hospital insurance collections and firm grasp of healthcare A/R Cycle.
4. EBO management background.
5. Knowledge of HIPAA, FDCPA & FCRA laws required.
Please send resume IN WORD FORMAT to email@example.com AS AN ATTACHMENT and include salary, phone number and reference Job #1692. Candidates must also provide responses to the employer's BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS which are numbered and listed above!
FL - data, crm, marketing manager, marketing,...
Vero Beach, FL - manager, service, department, staff, front, lead,...
Vero Beach, FL - manager, department, making, lead, service, front,...
Vero Beach, FL - manager, department, making, lead, service, harbor,...
Vero Beach, FL - general, general manager, manager, goals, leads,...
Medical A/R Specialist
FL - medical billing, transcription, billing, medical,...
Field Medical Records Abstractor
FL - scheduler, medical billing, medical,...