Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is looking for a highly motivated individual to support its growing software and service solutions focused Digital Solutions (DS) business line.
The DS Segment Controller is a key role within SGT finance management, reporting directly to the CFO. You will provide financial and operational leadership, regularly interacting with internal and external customers as well as with senior level staff members. Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, reporting & analysis, business process improvement and month end closing and project controlling activities.
• Leads the SGT DS Segment controlling function for all commercial aspects
• Manages a staff of financial professionals across multiple locations
• Works with the Head of Accounting to maintain appropriate project accounting and controls
• Establishes and maintains budgets and forecasts
• Develops and maintains strong financial control and analytics over the business line
• Implements business controls to support company compliance, and level of authority requirements
• Establishes and maintains strong alignment with sponsoring affiliate divisions
• Ensures timely and accurate billings [Cost Plus, T&M, and FFP]
• Tracks and supports balance sheet reconciliations
• Supports sales, pricing and PM teams in developing pricing scenarios during bid process
• Drives business line profitability and other performance metrics to maximize cash flow
• Prepares risk and opportunity assessments; develops and executes plan to mitigate risks
• Supports internal and external audits
• Prepares ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
• Ensures commercial activity is compliant with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines and Government accounting standards
• Coordinates activities with support teams including Corporate Accounting, IT, HR, Contracts, and Supply Chain Management
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting Business Management or related discipline
• 8-10 years of experience in varying finance/accounting roles
• Highly detail oriented, structured, and organized in their work approach and deliverables
• Strong business acumen and understanding of the interactions between functions inside and outside of accounting and finance to each other and the financial statements
• Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results
Advanced level MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex models.
• Experience with supporting implementation of ERP systems
• Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form
• Working knowledge Government contracts, FAR and CAS a plus
• Working knowledge of project accounting and IFRS principles
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint a plus
• Experience working with multiple Siemens divisions a plus
Willingness to travel occasionally (<5% annually)
• Candidate must be a United States citizen
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.