Our company APS Metal Industries currently has a few openings for the positions listed below.
I have come across your resume in the database.
Your background looks good and we would like you to apply.
If you are interested, please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Even if you are not interested please reply also so that we know if you are not interested.
Thank you for your attention.
APS Metal Industries [apsmetalindustries.com] was established in 1986 and currently operates out of a 40,000 square foot facility in Pickering, Ontario. With approximately 70 employees we operate two shifts daily, which enables us the flexibility to meet customer requirements for quick delivery. We provide free parking onsite and are located 5 minutes from Pickering GO Station.
Our company has built a strong reputation for customer satisfaction and we are committed to continuous improvement in pre-production planning and high performance manufacturing. Our production capabilities include complete metal fabrication from raw material to finished parts including precise and versatile laser cutting utilizing our Trumpf 4000 and 5000 watt lasers. Dedicated software ensures maximum yield of material.
Equipped with the latest technology, numerous welding stations, a complete machine shop, nine brake presses, hardware inserters, shearing and notching capabilities, single punch presses, and a well equipped clean-up area complete with deburring machinery, we provide a competitive edge in producing parts that meet customer specifications and time constraints.
We service a wide variety of industries including:
* Food Processing Equipment (Hoppers, Chutes, Mixers, etc.)
* Conveyor System Parts
* Environmental Products
* Packaging Machinery Parts
* Electronic Enclosure and cabinets
* Specializing in Stainless Steel Products
*Why Work for APS?*
In today’s day and age, you have an unlimited number of places you could choose to work. So, why would you choose to work for APS? It starts with the people.
* We are a diverse group of talented individuals that work cohesively as a team.
* The environment that our staff and management have created makes it easy to learn and to grow.
* We prefer to promote internally if and whenever possible to help in career path progression.
* Annual employee reviews and company-wide NPS surveys help us stay focused on what matters to our staff.
* We offer mentorship programs that help build out career paths and goals
Our company is built on a strong foundation of family first mentality. We offer flexible working hours, team lunches/events every quarter, and excellent compensation packages with full health and dental benefits including vision, massage therapy, and orthopedic coverage for all employees. There is a common trend at APS; people that work at APS tend to stay at APS for a long time. This is not a coincidence. We value and respect our employees immensely and work hard every day to help them achieve their best.
If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Afternoon Shift team leader reports to the Day Shift Supervisor, and is responsible for the daily production of manufacturing resources during the shift.
Scope of responsibilities include but is not limited to production realization (according to production plan), process compliance (documentation, and reporting), worker training & development, worker safety awareness, and security as it relates to facility and employees.
Reporting responsibilities consist of daily shift summary, employees and machine time tracking (daily/weekly goals) and non-conformance reporting and investigation as required.
• Staff training and supervision, develop and evaluate team members.
• Provide a safe work environment and promote safety awareness policy, report any concerns to Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Manages daily maintenance activities of the team, work orders, work schedules, timesheet approvals, maintains employee files, ensuring daily tasks and procedures are followed out safely and correctly.
• Oversee all daily/weekly/monthly preventative maintenance. Report machine issues / concerns
• Manufacturing Processes – Delivering to the specifics of the customer order within the time specified by the customer, delivery performance, quality, as well as customer satisfaction.
• Supports the maintenance department planning shutdown work, reviewing parts and schedules are in place
• Ensure that products and services are manufactured to required specifications - customer criteria, quality standards, on-time deliveries, and within cost allocation.
• Ensure proper transfer of information between the shifts and departments
• Comply with all Company/Plant policies and Regulatory guidelines, Quality and Safety Standards.
• Manages labour and operations withing operating expenses budget.
• Proven leadership/supervisory experience is required
• Ability to work afternoon shift and overtime as required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
• Highly detailed problem-solving approach that comes to a solution in a timely fashion
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet target deadlines
• Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (Oral and written)
• Must have experience in sheet metal fabrication, including but not limited to laser cutting, welding, machining, brake press forming and polishing
• Must be able to read CAD drawings
• Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical components
• Previous work in a maintenance manufacturing environment preferred