If you are a benefits account manager experienced with groups in the 50 to 500 life range and you want a client facing advising role working with key accounts, this new role could be a great fit.
My client is a growing full service agency located in Lake Oswego, Oregon. You will be a Senior member of the Benefits department. You will be the primary contact for the large group benefit clients and will also mentor junior members in the department.
The position pays a base salary of $70,000 to $80,000 plus incentives for growth. You will handle employee meetings which will primarily be in the greater Portland area, with about 5 days/year travel into other parts of Oregon and Washington. (travel expenses are paid by the firm).
You can work from your home office as long as you reside in the greater Portland/Vancouver area so that you can easily drive to client's sites for Open Enrollment meetings.
• Manage renewal process, RFP’s, Plan marketing, and Open Enrollment. Ease is used
• Responsible for primary servicing of accounts which includes execution of Service Timeline with open, clear, and timely communication with clients and producers.
• Coordination of calendars/meetings with producer and clients
• Responsible for regular client interaction as established by the Agency and Service Timeline. Attendance of client meetings on-site when appropriate. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
• Preparation of materials for client meetings including, but not limited to, proposals, meeting agendas, reports, Service Timelines
• Responsible for creating and managing Open Enrollment materials and / or Ease web-based enrollment site.
• Responsible for education and advice on Compliance topics including, but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500’s, and ACA
• Preparation of group insurance contracts and Plan Documents
• Administration of renewals and related contract changes
• On-site and virtual Open Enrollment meetings
• Resolution, support, and oversight of employee and employer issues
To be considered for this role you need:
• Large group experience 50-500 employees
• Self-funding experience. At a minimum Level Funding like Cigna and All-Savers. Unbundled type self-funding would be a huge plus
• Ease Enrollment or Employee Navigator experience.
• Strong Excel skills – formulas and formatting are the primary skills needed. No pivot tables required
• Employee presentation skills (Open Enrollment meetings) are critical. You must be comfortable speaking in front of groups in person and on MS Teams video.
• Ability to present renewals with C Suite individuals
• Experience negotiating renewals with insurance carriers
The client would like to fill this role right away. This is a great career building role for an Oregon Life & Health licensed benefits professional!
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.