A senior role, within the information systems department, reporting to Head information systems, responsible solely for Oracle/Sybase database. Candidate should have strong knowledge of database replication and cluster. Highly technical HANDS-ON person to be able to independently manage, monitor and fine tune live Oracle 10G and Sybase 12/15 data bases. Candidate should be technically hands on problem solving, performance tuning, replication and recovery of the data bases.
Key Performance Areas:
● Installation, configuration, and upgrade of Oracle and Sybase Database. Oracle 10g. Sybase 12.5/15. Ability to conduct preventative maintenance and backup and recovery of Oracle and Sybase ASE database. Running Backups and verifying the success rate. Continuous monitoring and trouble shooting of issue related database. Monitoring and managing database replication between production and OR environments. Monitoring and maintenance of database environment. Develop scripts for standard and non-standard database access. Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Manages and grant access to the various databases. Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage and may manipulate data within accordance of original standards. Testing of new patches released and fixes. Database security maintenance including user creations, groups, roles maintenance. Tracking of Logs and Alerts from database. Detailed impact analysis performance. Map system architecture and evaluate the requirements of new applications and systems and impact on the database. Restoring data on the test environment to make sure that there is no corruption on the backup.
● Must have expertise in Sybase ASE 12.5 and Oracle 10.g. MSSQL Server Database Administration is an added advantage
● Extensive knowledge on Sun Solaris/AIXlUnix. Experience in Database replication technologies is essential. Expertise on database recovery procedures. Database Backup and restores. Database tuning, performance optimization.
Characteristics and Experience:
● Professional, Excellent interpersonal skills, Team leader.
● Strong communications skills in both written and verbal.
● Prior work experience in a managerial and technical role in a multinational large company IT department
● To be able to work efficiently in pressure situation and after hours as required.
● Self starter, quick learner, innovative.
● To apply for this position please forward CV to: email@example.com