AccountabilitiesJOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Enforces local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for medical operations.
• Driving (Responding) and staffing ambulances and other emergency vehicles. Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and making diagnoses. Monitoring and administering medication, pain relief and intravenous infusions within the scope of practice. Using specialist equipment including ventilators and defibrillators, administering and reading ECGs. Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit. Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment.
• Conducts medical training for contractors as required.
• Responsible for the protection of company resources, medical supplies, and equipment.
• Responsible for stock issuance and overall control.
• Monitors medical issues and emergency trends within area of operational capacity to ensure personnel is apprised of current medical threats and aware of preventative measures and risks.
• Keeps management informed of any health or safety-related issues.
• Manages daily activities of crew personnel to ensure effective efficiencies in compliance with company, contractual and legal requirements.
• Responsible for control, documentation and distribution of narcotics.
• Reviews Electronic Medical Reporting forms or Paper Medical Reporting Forms at for proper documentation
• Conducts shift visits to ensure SOP's are being followed. This must include periodic ambulance shifts to promote skill development.
• Ensures that all Patient Report Forms (PRFs) are completed correctly and up to standard.
• Provides feedback to the subordinate medics on the improvement of their skills and understanding of the SOP's.
• Will also be required to perform BAA or ILS medic duties.
• Marketing activities to provide the company profile and improve revenue.
• Daily vehicle maintenance which includes a pre and post-shift vehicle inspection and wash. Conduct a full equipment audit and inspection.
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, coordinates and refines procedures.
• Responsible for administering disciplinary actions in accordance with senior management.
• Provides training to subordinates.
• Provides guidance and direction to EMTs.
• Submits reports to the Managing Director as directed.
• Effectively communicates and makes prompt and accurate decisions to help achieve TAC-Pulse goals.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Responsible for shift roster.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Reporting RelationshipsTitle of Supervisor: Assigned Base ManagerExperience & Education
• Current National N. Dip or B.Tech certification.
• Certification must be current with all applicable education/recertification requirements completed.
• 5 years experience in the medical field as a Paramedic preferred.
• MUST have active road experience within the past 12 months.
• 4 years of supervisory experience.
• University / College Degree Preferred.
• Previous instructor experience.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Code 10 & PrDP.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Primary duty station(s) are located in Wolmaransstad & Klerksdorp, North West, and surrounding areas.