Headhunters, LLC us seeking an Inside Sales Account Manager. This individual will be responsible for selling company’s products and services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The incumbent will utilize business by phone principles to interact with customers, who may include, but are not limited to, lab scientists, lab directors, principal investigators, medical directors, and C-Suite. S/he must exhibit strong sales skills, be capable of managing large accounts, prospect new accounts, and close deals. This individual will develop revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
Target Account Segments, including but not limited to:
• Supports diverse account segments including life sciences, bio-pharma, diagnostics, CRO, and other market development businesses
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sales Revenue / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets for all products and meet metrics to reach those goals . Develop tactical plans to maximize revenues.
• Strategy: Implement corporate strategy in defined accounts. Negotiate contracts and execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and expand development of new business.
• Customer Focus: Enhance customer satisfaction and increase company’s competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers through consultative selling. Develop strong relationships with customers.
• Planning / Forecasting: Develop and execute an effective business plan within assigned territory. . Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness.
• Business / Markets: Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory. Communicate market information through business teams, CRM market feedback, and/or other approved channels. Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities in defined area.
• Manage Resources: Work effectively in a team selling environment. Actively plan with team members to achieve mutual company goals and objectives. Daily use of CRM database for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness.
• Decision Making: Make sound business decisions based on relevant information, take calculated risks as necessary to achieve business objectives.
• Cold-call prospects that are generated by external lead generation sources
• Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base
• Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales
• Overcome objections of prospective customers
• Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
• Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
• Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients
• Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events
• Coordinate customer training as necessary
• Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the CRM database
• Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues
• Attend periodic sales training where applicable
• Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position
Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or related field
o Additional years of experience may be substituted for 4 year degree
• Minimum one year of laboratory experience, or proven aptitude for laboratory techniques, preferably with ELISA or immunoassays
• At least 1-2 years of experience in B2B sales with proven sales record or equivalent
• Experience using CRM database (salesforce.com desired)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Wide range of knowledge of molecular biology applications, products, and market. Knowledge of company products preferred
• Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
o Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers
o Proven ability to sell at the Principal Investigator and Director level in an organization
• Strong sales fundamentals and analytical background
o Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
• Strong knowledge of B2B sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
• Ability to develop and execute business plans
• Self directed, metrics driven, and exhibits persistent professionalism
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
o Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of sales data
• Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
• High level of integrity and work ethic
o Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Ability to occasionally travel in field and attend sales events or exhibits
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to multi-task and work productively in a demanding financial environment with changing priorities
• This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office
• Up to 10% travel may be required
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
Bachelors or better in Biological Sciences or related field.
Experience: 1-2 years
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to Pauline Kearse: email@example.com