Senior Software Dev Engineer Computer Vision Irvine, CA REF
We have an opportunity in Irvine, CA to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment to lead the research and development of computer vision technologies and their applications.
• Carry out independent research and development software projects in one or more of the following areas:
o Computer Vision Applications
3D computer vision and modeling
Real-time vision applications
Generative Adversarial Networks
Virtual and Augmented Reality
Image time-series analysis
Lighting condition analysis
Photogrammetry and/or optical reflectance models
Image and video analysis and understanding
o Machine learning including state of the art deep learning applications
Keep current on latest trends and research in the above areas
Contribute to Canon’s intellectual property portfolio
Work with existing team on investigations, software products, and software prototypes
Master’s degree to Ph.D. and minimum 5 years of related research experience
Strong mathematical background and ability to apply it to new problems
Strong written and oral communication skills
Working experience in C/C++ and/or Python
Experience with libraries such as OpenCV, libgphoto, keras/tensorflow
A proven track record of innovation
The ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast moving, multi-cultural environment
Experience working in an Agile environment is desired
Experience with software development for imaging devices is a plus
Pre screen questionnaire:
1. Please share the candidate's experience in working with a) Computer Vision Applications and b) Machine learning skills.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, please rate the candidate's experience in working with C/C++ and/or Python.
3. Please share the candidate's experience and expertise with libraries such as OpenCV, libgphoto, keras/tensorflow.
4. Ph.d is mandatory for this role. What is the candidate’s highest level of education?
5. Please provide the link to candidate’s LinkedIn profile:
6. What is the candidate’s work authorization status?
7. What is the candidate’s desired pay rate per hour.
8. How comfortable is the candidate commuting up to Irvine, CA (92618) on a daily basis?
9. Has the candidate applied or been interviewed for any role with this company in the past? If so, please provide details.