Eastern Florida State College is currently seeking applications for the full-time position of Coordinator, Student Records & Special Projects on the Cocoa Campus in Cocoa, Florida.
The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, maintaining, and carrying out established policies and procedures related to student records, the analysis and evaluation of college transcripts, attendance reporting, registration records, commencement functions, assist with graduation audits and coordinate and assist with a variety of special projects.
The following minimum qualifications for this position must be met before any applicant will be considered:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Preferred: Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn
new computer applications. Experience with Banner, and Argos software
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities and the ability to use sound
judgment for decision-making.
- Strong multitasking skills to succeed with strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work in a high-volume and quick-changing environment.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, efficiency, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a diverse community and meet needs of diverse student
- Valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator’s license required.
- This position will require successful fingerprinting and the candidate
chosen will be required to pay (currently $37.25). This fingerprinting fee
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work will be required to be
considered beyond the application phase.*
*High School Diploma or GED or transcripts or official transcripts of all collegiate work (as appropriate for the position) must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All foreign degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
Minimum physical qualifications:
- Ability to occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to access, input and retrieve information and/or data from a
- Works inside in an office environment.
- Ability to work evening & weekend hours as needed.
The annual salary is $40,000. Successful internal candidates for external job postings should be aware that their current salary does not transfer to the new position. Salary will be as advertised in the job announcement. Full-time employees of Eastern Florida State College receive fringe benefits including health insurance and a retirement plan.
Applications will be accepted from July 22, 2021 through July 31, 2021; however, the College reserves the right to extend or conclude searches without notice. Applications must be submitted prior to 5:00 p.m. on the closing day. This is a covered position under Chapter 295 Florida Statutes, which provides for Veterans’ Preference in employment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must apply on-line at the Eastern Florida State College Website in order to be considered for employment. If an applicant needs assistance in completing the on-line application, he/she should contact Human Resources. With at least 24 hours advance notice, EFSC can provide readers, Braille, audio cassettes, computer readers, sign language interpreters, and Scribes.
NOTE TO APPLICANT
Applications will not be considered after the deadline date unless justified and approved for exception by the Associate Vice President, Human Resources. All successful applicants must complete New Employee Orientation prior to beginning work.
CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES
Eastern Florida State College, Human Resources, 1519 Clearlake Road, Cocoa, FL 32922
Telephone: (321) 433-7070 FAX: (321) 433-7065 Florida Relay: 1-800-955-8770
Eastern Florida State College is dedicated to providing a nondiscriminatory environment which promotes equal access, equal educational opportunity and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, national origin, color, ethnicity, genetic information, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veterans status, ancestry, or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.
About the college
Eastern Florida State College, located in the heart of Florida’s Space Coast, is a co-educational, publicly supported post-secondary institution that adopted its current name on July 1, 2013 with the addition of four-year Bachelor's Degrees.
An accredited institution, EFSC is recognized as one of America's leading state colleges for quality instruction, organization and innovative, leading-edge programs.