1. Admission and discharge of the patients.
2. To maintain the personal hygiene of the patients, including bathing, care of mouth, back, nails, hair etc.
3. Care of pressures points as needed.
4. To assist the patient in elimination, offering and removing the bed pans and Urinals.
5. Bed making.
6. Assist in feeding the weak and debilitated patients.
7. Writing of diet sheet, Supervision and distribution of diets.
8. Assist in physiotherapy, ambulation and rehabilitation.
9. Carry-out patient’s teaching and demonstration according to the need.
10. Counseling the patients, and relatives.
11. Care of the dying and dead.
12. Administration of Medicines and Injections to the patients.
13. Assist in administration of intravenous injections, infusion and Transfusion.
14. Observing, recording and reporting of vital signs e.g. T.P.R. and Blood pressure.
15. Carry out technical procedures, such as Naso-gastric intubation, Gastric Gavage and Lavage, Oxygen Therapy, Dressing and Irrigation, Enema, Catheterization hot and cold applications, suction etc.