Are you a Registered Nurse looking for relief shifts? We have plenty available in Calgary! This long-term care facility needs coverage on various days, both weekdays and weekends from 2:45 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. You would be working with one licensed practical nurse, at a ratio of 1 RN per 30 residents. This is a great opportunity if you have long-term care facility experience, or you’re interested in diving into a new field of nursing to enhance your skillset!
RPI Consulting Group is a leader in staffing Canada’s health care industry, including pharmacies, hospitals, and medical clinics. We have matched thousands of professionals in temporary and permanent contracts with our top clientele. Our agency delivers proficient, dependable healthcare professionals that can grow within the organizations they are placed.
As the relief Registered Nurse, you will be overseeing the general care of residents, including administering medication, securely storing drugs, medical supplies and equipment, maintaining and updating resident records, as well as supervising junior staff. You will be required to have at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine before starting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide general nursing care and tend to medical emergencies that might occur
• Promote a positive atmosphere by communicating effectively with staff, team members, volunteers, residents, and families
• Efficient use of supplies and ensure that equipment is sanitized and stored properly
• Maintain resident records, noting pertinent observations and changes to health
• Oversee front line staff, providing direction and aid when necessary
• Administer medication to residents
• Ensure that medication, drugs, and narcotics are stowed correctly
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Current Registration and membership in good standing with the Alberta College of Nurses
• Previous working experience working in a long-term care facility preferred
• Able to perform well in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Patient-focused and good customer service skills
• Able to stay calm and work well under pressure
• Must be able to work independently and able to work well in a team environment
• Ability to perform daily tasks as required
• Able to problem-solve
• Proof of clear criminal background and vulnerability check is required
• Record of COVID-19 immunization is required
Job Type: Contract
Hours: 2:45 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Days: Weekdays, weekends
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Salary: Up to $40/hr
1.866.505.3383 ext. 228