Setzer's Logistics is seeking a dedicated CDL A driver for over the road and regional operations. Owner is willing to accommodate drivers home time needs; typical routes include Connecticut to Maine, and New Jersey to Ohio.
Summary: This position is responsible for operating a tractor trailer truck that transports cargo to and from specified destinations.
• Complete pre-trip safety check of equipment.
• Prepare, receive, and provide appropriate documentation for delivery and pick up of goods.
• Must ensure load is secure.
• Ensure on-time delivery of all products.
• Maintain logs of travel and cargo according to federal and state regulations.
• Meet all quality and efficiency standards.
• Exercise great level of safety and care.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must hold a valid CDL Class A license, with 1-year CDL A experience and knowledge of electronic logging devices preferred.
• Must be able to pass a DOT drug test.
• Safe driving record and history.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
• Safely climb in/out of a tractor cab/trailer
• Sit for extended periods of time while operating tractor-trailer combination.
• Operate tractor-trailer combination for up to 11 consecutive hours, in various weather conditions, while safely transporting cargo.
• Reach, bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel.
• Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery.