Director of EH&S / HESS
Salary Up to $130,000 PLUS Great Benefits & Paid Relocation to the USA Mid-West
Our growing client is looking for a talented EHS professional to provide strategic leadership in Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security to a pulp and paper mill in the Midwestern USA. Your main goals will be to develop and or maintain HESS policies, programs, and initiatives to improve compliance each year. You will assist the EH&S staff to drive results, influence decisions, and hold team members accountable. Part of your mission will be to ensure that EH&S visible in the mill at every level.
As the Director of HESS, your other areas of responsibilities will be:
• Provide Safety & Security leadership that will drive improved results for OSHA recordable incident rates, worker compensation costs, and reductions in fire and security risks
• Provide Environmental leadership in air, water, solid waste, and ground water for continuous improvements to reduce the mill’s environmental footprint
• Conduct oversight to the mill operations to maintain 100% permit compliance
• Acting as the working manager, provide direction & guidance to ensure that process, procedures, and needed activities are completed timely manner
• Provide critical oversight, technical advice, and assistance to the operating areas with respect to compliance activities, and equipment selection and operations
• Work closely with regulatory agencies promoting a relationship based on trust, openness, and transparency
• Work with the local community to maintain a positive relationship with our neighbors and local business
Minimum Requirements for this EHS / HESS Director’s position:
• BS in a scientific area preferably in Environmental, Health and Safety or Chemical Engineering.
• At least 10 years’ EHS experience in a manufacturing setting and experience in the chemical process industry is a plus
• Leadership ability to obtain continuously improved results through performance management
• Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communications, negotiating, and ability to influence decisions both internal and external
• The ability to communicate complex issues by simplifying updates for upper management, regulatory agencies, and communities.
TO APPLY: Email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org OR cindyATaustinallenDOTcom
in MS Word or PDF (please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols). * All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by hiring companies. Hiring companies offer excellent compensation packages, benefits, and generous relocation assistance or packages.
Areas of Specialization...
* Engineering * Six Sigma Black Belts * Accounting * Distribution * Human Resources
* Materials / Purchasing * Quality Engineers & Managers * Manufacturing Management