DUIT is seeking Junior Software Developers at Columbia, Maryland to support our DoD customer.
How You Will Support the Mission
• Perform software development in the creation of analytics.
• Writing custom queries and code.
• Developing metrics and advising on system integrations.
• Conduct Cyber Security research.
• Code custom applications.
• Complete toolset integration.
• Work with other System Engineers and Software Developers to perform Data Science activities.
• Analyze existing data to develop metrics and trends.
• From results, propose and approve analytics to enhance knowledge and capture value of data.
• Design, develop, and test approved analytics, advise on integration with enterprise systems, and develop metrics for R&D Efforts.
What You Should Bring with You
• Knowledge of Linux, Github/Gitlab, Source Code Management and ALMs.
• Knowledge of C/C++
• Security+ Certification (within 6 months of hire).
• Interest in one of three skillsets: Cyber, IT, or Coding.
• Progress or completion of a Computer Science or IT Bachelor’s Degree Program.
• US Citizenship is required along with additional prerequisites
Great Candidates Will Also Have
• An understanding of fundamental cyber security, cyber operational awareness, and computer network defense practices.
• Familiarity with graph analytics and cyber knowledge domain.
• Experience with open source and enterprise data science, collection, and databases
• Experience supporting an operational environment to include management of customer and mission needs and balancing those needs with software deployments.
• Working knowledge of Cyber activities to include networks and the associated technologies including routers, firewalls, and cross-domain solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience giving briefings.
• Working knowledge of the major data repositories.
• Experience with the support of operational systems including managing customer and developer relationships.
• Willingness to engage in continuous learning/training opportunities.
• Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
• Must be flexible, independent, and self-motivated.
• Must be punctual with regular and consistent attendance.
What DUIT Can Do for You
DUIT values its employees and is committed to providing benefits that meet the needs of its employees to promote a healthy work life balance. Employee benefits include competitive salaries, a flexible work environment and career development opportunities