Do you have laboratory experience including clerical and technical functions such as phlebotomy, specimen processing, the Quality Assurance Program, Waived Testing, Moderately Complex Testing, Point of Care Testing, Competency Assessment, and Correlation of Lab Results with Disease Processes? Here is your opportunity to work at an in-patient facility focused on wholistic treatment! Apply today for this 12 month Limited Duration position!
What you will do!
You will perform the duties that support the Medical Laboratory operations. These duties include clerical and administrative functions as well as technical functions relating primarily to phlebotomy, specimen processing, the Quality Assurance Program, Waived Testing, Moderately Complex Testing, Point of Care Testing, Competency Assessment, and Correlation of Lab Results with Disease Processes at the Oregon State Hospital.
Medical Laboratory, Medical Clinic and Radiology, Infection Prevention and Employee Health are a group of departments that report to the Chief of Medicine. The Medical Laboratory provides services to inpatients including hematology, serology, chemistry, immunochemsitry, urinalysis and toxicology.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
This is a full-time, Limited Duration (up to 12 months), SEIU represented position.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• A Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology;
• OR a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry AND one year of documented internship or experience in a clinical laboratory performing a variety of standard testing and examination procedures under general supervision in support of professional clinical or medical laboratory personnel.
• Must have current certification as a Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
• Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
• Must have greater than 12 months experience in human phlebotomy.
• Ability to successfully interact with patients demonstrating physical and verbal abusive behaviors and potentially collect specimens from these patients.
• Experience advising nursing and other staff regarding acceptable specimen collections of urine, stool, culture specimens, etc., utilize references/resources appropriately to provide optimal information and advice regarding collection, handling, storage, and transport of specimens.
• Experience performing waived and moderately complex testing according to established protocols in urinalysis, serology, chemistry, immunochemistry, hematology and toxicology while meeting requirements defined by the lab director.
• Experience Critical Values, STAT reports, and Reportable results reporting. Follow-up with proper logging/reporting of these values per protocols.
• Experience with recognizing, troubleshooting, and problem-solving instrument equipment malfunction; achieving adequate and timely resolution with required documentation.
How to apply:
Complete the online application online at oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-57994