Safety Ambassador (Tempe, AZ)
Non-Exempt - Full & Part Time Positions
REPORTS TO DIRECT REPORTS
Team Leader, Supervisor, and/or Operations Manager
Provides a high level of visibility at the street level to carry out a wide variety of tasks to improve the overall appearance and Safety of the service district they are assigned to.
• Manual Litter Collection - circulate through assigned work zone picking up various pieces of debris. Assist with clean up after events.
• OBSERVE AND REPORT - while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to other Safety Ambassadors via two-way radios and Tempe Police when violations are observed. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
• HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE - While on patrol will go out of the way to actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
• REPORTING - must be able to provide written reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
• PROFESSIONALISM - Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
• PHYSICAL ABILITIES -
a. Must have the physical capacity to walk and/or ride a bicycle continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break).
b. Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
• COMMUNICATION - Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
Now for the good stuff:
• Pay of $14.00 per hour
• Health and Dental (with a significant portion paid by us!)
• Life insurance
• Paid vacation
• Birthday pay (that's right. Your birthday is a holiday around here!)
For more information or to apply go to: apply.blockbyblock.com
Block by Block is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Block by Block has a strong culture of safety and we work hard to keep everyone safely working with all the necessary personal protective equipment necessary to do our jobs.