Our client, an established machinery design and manufacturing company located in the Rochester, New York area, is growing and producing new machinery and designing enhancements to existing machinery.
They are looking for a Journeyman-Level Machine Assembler to join their team. The Machine Assembler II role is involved in the production of subassemblies and full machines. The Machine Assembler must have experience working to exact tolerances doing precise assembly, reading, and following engineering drawings, and working with ISO instructions. The role will include working with mechanical, electrical, optical, and computer operations. The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, a passion for their work, and the internal drive to maintain a high level of quality and craftmanship. In return, the Journeyman-Level Machine Assembly role comes with a competitive compensation rate, paid time off, and excellent benefits including a profit-sharing bonus, and a strong career path with demonstrated contributions to the company.
* 3-plus years of precision machine assembly or related experience.
* Intermediate math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, decimals, percentages, geometry, trigonometry.
* Experience working with basic electronics concepts including ESD, grounding, capacitors, resistors, PCBAs, power supplies, motors, and wiring.
* Competency using basic hand tools including torque wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, razors, etc.
* Competency using power tools including drills, drill presses, belt sanders, and grinders.
* Experience using metrology instruments including calipers, micrometers, scales, dial indicators, and gage blocks.
* Experience using advanced hand tools for shaping and forming materials including files, grinders, and lapping plates.
* Experience with advanced measurement instruments including collimators, electronic Levels, electronic indicators, and digital multi-meters.
* Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
* Knowledge of basic Units of Measure and the ability to easily convert measurements between English and Metric.
* Highs School diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to work standing up for total workday with physical strength to lift to 50lbs without assistance.