Position: Project Manager - Development
Location: Vero Beach, FL – Remote during COVID, Onsite after COVID
Duration: 12 Months
Required Industry Project Experience: Insurance, hopefully in Property & Causality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing the end-to-end delivery of complex system solutions, establishing, and controlling project constraints and scope
• Managing relationships and communication with all project stakeholders
• Agreeing approach to delivery within the delivery project team
• Leading and coaching the project team as appropriate and according to the needs of the individual project
• Ensure that the scrum team adheres to scrum theory, practices and rules, and work as a servant leader within the project team.
• Providing clear ownership for and visibility of the resolution of all project risks and issues
• Lead improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the project delivery service and contribute to the identification of areas of improvement.
• Ensuring the decisions made on project approach are documented
• Providing regular, constructive feedback to project team members and their supervisors
• Providing progress updates to project, department, and senior leadership
• Development of project schedules and Sprint delivery timeframes
• Develop and maintain effective and proactive relationships with all customers including suppliers and third parties
• Support IT and Business Leadership for Project Delivery by maintaining and developing processes, standards, tools, and project reporting procedures.
Document and proactively review the service provided to the end-users and customers.
• Experienced in the delivery of projects in an agile environment as a Scrum Mater – Scrum Master certification preferred.
• Experience of other project frameworks such as, Lean, Kanban, Waterfall
• Able to work independently, excellent personal organization, and able to demonstrate consistently balanced good judgement and logical thinking.
• Very strong interpersonal skills including facilitation and coaching and able to lead and influence others
• Ability to communicate effectively, and build relationships with, project stakeholders, business departments, and other teams to effectively execute project assignments.
• Collaborate with the Project Management Office to deliver project on-time and within budget.
• Committed to the development of all team members and continuous development of capability within the department
• A real interest in problem solving and focused on results
• Understands and enforces the need for high data quality and accuracy.
• Experience in the use of tools and techniques to facilitate effective project delivery
• Exposure to or awareness of all phases of software development projects including analysis, systems design, development and testing approaches
• Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the delivery of project in the agile environment
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in information technology or software development.
• Experience in E&S Personal Line insurance preferred.
• Experience using Jira preferred.
• Some travel may be required.
15 Corporate Pl S, Suite #450
Piscataway Township, NJ 08854
Desk Number: 732-624-6445 Ext:223