Position: Network Security/Incident Handler
Work Location: Boston, MA – Remote
6+ months contract
Looking for an experienced analyst who wants to help us analyze our security alerts, identify attack signatures, detect compromised systems, and respond to threats. The position will help maintain modern information security tooling including firewalls, intrusion prevention devices, and provide direct support to the business and IT staff for security-related issues. This job will help you to continue to gain skills in one of the fastest-growing areas of cybersecurity and provide you with an opportunity to work in a friendly, collaborative environment with great benefits. Ideal candidates will have the education and/or work experience in incident response, digital forensics, vulnerability management, and other security technologies and controls, and enthusiasm for taking on and solving challenging problems.
• Experience with Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems.
• Capable of basic programming in one or more of C, PERL, Python (preferred), or PHP, including database and API integrations.
• Familiarity with compliance requirements (e.g., HIPAA, FERPA, and PCI);
• Exposure to networking technologies and concepts including intrusion detection/prevention, firewalls, vulnerability scanning, and data protection/encryption.
• Must be detail-oriented with strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• One to three years of industry experience required.
• CISSP, SSCP, SANS GCIH or GCFA, or relevant information security certifications preferred.
• Previous Security Operations experience – Level 2
• Experience managing firewalls / create & modify firewalls rules
• Vulnerability management experience - especially Rapid7 Nexpose or InsightVM
• Python Scripting skills
• Digital forensics experience.
• Higher Education environment experience preferred.
• Analyze BU’s security alerts, identify attack signatures, detect compromised systems, and respond to threats.
• Will help maintain modern information security tooling including firewalls, intrusion prevention devices, and provide direct support to the business and IT staff for security-related issues
15 Corporate Pl S, Suite #450
Piscataway Township, NJ 08854
Desk Number: 732-624-6445 Ext:223