We are looking for Registered Practical Nurse to perform COVID -19 assessment at various sites throughout the city of Woodstock and Cambridge. The RPN will be responsible to perform nasal swabs for clients at on-site locations. Personal protective equipment will be available for your safety. Shifts will be from Monday to Friday (Mornings and Evenings are available. Start time are 5am or 5pm)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess patients presenting for COVID screening, order appropriate testing, provide education/counselling, and ensures referral to appropriate Public Health Department for follow up.
• Work within scope of practice of RPN, performs comprehensive health or symptom directed assessment of patient.
• Perform nasal swab, saliva swab and administration of injections; ensuring medical standards are met.
• Document and maintain patient records electronically including patient history, medicine record and prescriptions.
• Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment.
• Ensure test requisition forms and all paperwork are accurately completed.
• Ensure standards of patient care are maintained according to the guidelines of the CNO and adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Current Registration Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
• A valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle.
• Phlebotomy knowledge is an asset.
• Demonstrate assessment skills within RPN scope of practice.
• Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections and nasopharyngeal specimen sampling, etc.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of general medicine.
Forward your resume to email@example.com
1-866-505-3383 Ext 228