Eden Foods – Clinton, Michigan (Lenawee County) seeks full-time employee for food production and packaging position. Experience, reliability, and willingness to learn needed. Good work, good people, good benefits, good food.
Position: Packaging Technician
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reliable, efficient performance in scheduled food packaging work.
2. Timely entries in Daily Packaging and Quality Control logs.
3. Good production yields with minimal inventory loss.
4. Accuracy of label, target fill weights, and package codes.
5. Safe operation of equipment and behavior in the workplace.
6. Help with quality identification and proper handling.
7. A sound, general knowledge of the food products handled.
8. Conscientious handling of inventory to avoid damage or adulteration.
9. Maintain Quality Control procedures in conjunction with state, federal, and Eden policies.
10. Maintain inventory control procedures and records.
11. Recommend operational changes and needs.
12. Coordinate scheduling of equipment maintenance.
13. Maintain orderly and clean workstations.
1. Experience and education sufficient to perform duties, and willingness to learn.
2. Ability to lift 50 pounds waist high, intermittently over the course of a normal day.
3. Ability to perform standing work during shifts.
4. Intelligent involvement in the work performed.
5. Basic math, with written and verbal communication skills.
6. Must pass a pre-employment physical.
7. Experience in, and knowledge of, food safety procedures is a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive or complete explanation of duties. Employees are required to perform duties as assigned by their supervisor or management. Eden reserves the right to modify job duties and responsibilities as needed. Job descriptions do not constitute or imply an employment contract.