Director of Medical Surgical - West Hills, CA
Schedule: Fulltime – No Weekends
A full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 260-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion
Summary of Responsibilities:
Manage and coordinate Med/Surg unit; direct and supervise functions and activities interpret policies, procedures, standards, regulations as is appropriate to personnel, medical staff, patients, public; perform nursing duties as needed. Direct, coordinate, and administer the operations and activities of the department in order to effectively achieve the organization’s established goals; assess and evaluate care/services provided, staffing levels, competence and educational needs of all employees and effectively coordinate and control resources. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and development and implementation of organizational and departmental policies/procedures; maintain an environment for continuous quality improvement and be responsive to organizational change and community needs.
• Current licensure of the State of California.
• BSN Required
• Masters in Nursing preferred.
• 2 -3 years acute hospital clinical nursing REQUIRED
• Previous management experience REQUIRED
• Candidates with 3+ years experience as a manager would be presentable
• MUST Have MS leadership experience
• BCLS Certification - American Heart
• Director of Medical Surgical (5 East/5 West) with 70+FTE's
• Reports To: Assistant Chief Nursing Officer
Salary: $70.10 Per Hour / $145,808 - Midpoint ( 10 years experience)
Sign on Bonus
Yearly Bonus: Up to 15% of salary - Based on performance
Contact Debra Baumel at 954-288-7170 for more confidential information