Experienced Commercial Mechanical Estimator – DC Metro Area
Our client, a prominent commercial Mechanical/HVAC company in Maryland, is seeking an experienced Mechanical Estimator, to join their Estimating Team.
The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience estimating multi-million dollar projects in the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors, both private and public. The types of projects could include commercial buildings, machinery installations, medical facilities and airports.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Estimator who can schedule, develop, and create plans and specifications for timely and accurate completion of mechanical estimates.
• Prepare take-offs and mechanical estimating for the Estimating Division
• Be responsible for working with subcontractors and suppliers during the bid process in order to obtain complete bid package information
• Work in conjunction with the VP Mechanical to prepare an accurate bid proposal
• Review of the project documents for value analysis suggestions
• Work with the VP Mechanical Construction, the GC and the Client to review proposal specifications, drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
• Monitor upcoming projects available within the division
• Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into labor-unit figures
• Co-ordinate mechanical database pricing and labor units
• Evaluate and review all levels of mechanical estimates
• Good conceptual estimating capabilities
• Work with the Project Managers to ensure that projects are kept on schedule and on budget
• Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back up estimate figures
• 4 year degree in Construction Management or Engineering, or relevant years of experience
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Mechanical Estimator for a Commercial Mechanical Subcontractor in the DC Metro Area
• Experience estimating projects $5 million+ is preferred
• Must have the knowledge to lay out Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Sheet Metal and Fireproofing; understand contract documents, drawings and specifications, with general knowledge of design and engineering concepts
• Must be computer literate, and knowledge of Quickpen Estimating Software is preferred
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and MS Project
• Must have demonstrable Commercial, Industrial, Hospital, and Federal experience as a Mechanical Estimator
• Must have substantial demonstrable experience with Take-Offs, Mechanical Drawings and applying the Take-Off process
• Committed to working in a team atmosphere
• Experience with commercial plumbing and mechanical codes
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Ability to take initiative and work independently while also collaborating in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills for working with both the internal team, vendors, subcontractors and clients
• Family Owned and Operated
• Great Atmosphere
• Career Advancement / Career Development
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• 401 (k) Retirement Plan, with generous Company match
• Medical Insurance - Company Subsidized
• Dental Insurance - Company Subsidized
• Life Insurance - Company Paid
• Disability and Accidental Death Insurance
• Apprenticeship Training and Sponsorship
• Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Technical Training
• Continuing Education Programs
• Tool Dollars
• Safety Incentive Programs
• Quality Incentives
• Company Newsletter
• Company Functions
• Company-branded apparel
• This position reports to the VP Mechanical
• This is a replacement position.
• Only candidates with recent experience working in the DC Metro Area can be considered.
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Background Check and testing for Illegal Substances.
If you have the experience in Commercial Mechanical Estimating and you can offer drive, commitment, and enthusiasm, we look forward to hearing from you.
Those applicants who are successful in moving forward to the screening process will be asked to email a list of at least three professional references, to include former supervisors, who will be contacted to verify your work experience, attitude, integrity and ethics.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to undertake testing for Illegal Substances and will be required to pass a Criminal Background Check.