BTL Technologies, Inc. is a Texas corporation that provides contract staff augmentation to various government agencies in the United States. The company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with operations at government facilities in various states. Our mission is to provide Workforce Solutions that help our clients achieve success!
The US Department of Labor’s (DOL) Employment and Training Administration (ETA) contributes to the more efficient functioning of the U.S. labor market by providing high quality job training, employment, labor market information, and income maintenance services primarily through state and local workforce development systems. The Office of Contract’s Management (OCM) serves as the primary contracting organization for ETA responsible for awarding and administering contracts of various dollar values and complexity, involving a variety of supplies and services.
The Sr. Contract Specialist will provide acquisition support services to assist OCM in all aspects of day-to-day pre-award (with emphasis on conducting full and open competition) and post-award contractual activities. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide pre-award and post-award acquisition support services involving researching, analyzing, and reviewing applicable regulations, departmental policies, created procurement instruments (e.g., modifications, orders, etc.) cooperative agreements and grants. Procurement actions range from very simple to highly complex and include both fixed-price and cost-reimbursement contract types. The work requires attention to details and thorough documentation.
• Provide advice and recommendations as deemed appropriate and necessary to support the CO’s decision-making process.
• Assist the CO in conducting strategic requirements review, acquisition strategy development, Request for Proposal development and in performing other related procurement tasks
• Assist the CO in review of requirements documents submitted to determine adequacy and sufficiency and make recommendations to the CO to accept or reject
• Participate in meetings to include post-award conferences, periodic progress reviews, acquisition planning and other meetings as required
• Assists the CO in preparing solicitations, acquisition plans, source selection plans, and other documents required
• Supports the CO in assisting customers with the development and preparation of requirements documents (e.g., SOW, technical evaluation factors, performance plans, etc.)
• Completes all contract awards within the established Procurement Administrative Lead-times (PALT)
• Completes and handles all contract files
• Supports the CO in source selections sign Organization Conflicts of Interest (COI) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDAs)
• Prepare modifications for various contractual actions to include, but not limited to, contracts, purchase/delivery/task orders, blanket purchase agreements, indefinite delivery contracts
• Administer and/or closeout Government contractual vehicles
• May be required to assist the CO in preparing responses to Freedom of Information Requests and Protests actions
• Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in business (or 24 semester hours in business), from an accredited college or university
• Eight (8) years of relevant experience in federal contracting
• Excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
• Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level III is desired but not required
• Have an in-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies, as well as the ability to perform complex cost and/or price analysis functions and be knowledgeable and experience using electronic media
• Must be able to quickly grasp procurement terms, methodologies, and processes, prepare contract files and associated electronic documentation and create procurement actions (e.g., contract, order, mod) for contract execution
• Ability to access, navigate and/or manipulate the following:
Acquisition Management System (AMS), DOL’s contracting writing system
Federal Procurement Data System-Next Generation (FPDS-NG), Contract reporting system
Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point software
Adobe Acrobat Professional
Contact: Debra Kent – (216) 870-3177