Duties: Apply statistical and machine learning algorithmic frameworks across multiple frontend and back-end applications for Wayfair including, but not limited to, marketing, measurement, storefront, personalization, merchandising, sales, service, data infrastructure, etc. Identify impactful areas where predictive models can make big swings for the business and translate these frameworks into deployable products by working closely with stakeholders across multiple engineering teams such as, but not limited to, big data systems, platforms, DevOps, frontend and infrastructure engineering. Job duties include the following: perform data mining on the vast repository of raw data and extract meaningful features and insights that will drive prioritization of models to be built; work in complex data systems and wrangle data from multiple sources including customer, clickstream, product catalog, and sales databases; formulate and apply statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, and optimizing methods to develop and interpret business data; collect and analyze data, and develop decision support software, services, or products to guide tactical optimization of business in marketing, measurement, storefront, personalization, merchandising, sales, services, data infrastructure, etc.; collaborate with partner engineering teams to architect, build & maintain technical platforms for Wayfair’s algorithmic engines to run at scale; own development, communication, and delivery of 6-month data science technical project roadmaps; serve as a consultative partner to data science leaderships, and a technical mentor to junior team members to ensure team return on investment remains at a high level.
The position is a fixed location based in Boston, MA office; however, telecommuting from a home office may also be allowed.
Requirements: a Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Information Systems Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics, Computational Science, Physics, or a related quantitative field, plus two (2) years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment.
Experience must include one (1) year in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Advanced programming languages including Python, R, Scala, or Java
- Big data/distributed system tools including Hive, SQL, or Spark
- Technical workflow management tools such as Jenkins or Airflow
- Machine Learning algorithms including classification, regression, clustering, time-series forecasting, deep learning or reinforcement learning techniques
- Advanced statistical and quantitative knowledge and modeling techniques including experimental design, statistical inference, hypothesis testing, or optimization
- Working with high level business stakeholders, synthesizing conclusions for non-experts, and influencing business decisions by creating high quality presentations and documentations using PowerPoint, Excel, or Google Suites (Docs/Slides/Sheets)
Will accept a Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of described experience.
Experience may be gained before, during, or after issuance of advanced degree.
Please copy and paste your resume in the email body do not send attachments, we cannot open them and email them at candidates at placementservicesusa.com with reference #2701824 in the subject line.