AWS DevOps Engineer
Remote Working (with 1 or 2 trips per month to offices in Northern Ireland, expenses paid)
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus annual profit share bonus
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are looking for a career where you will have the autonomy to manage your own work, with the advantage of support from and interaction with highly skilled colleagues?
Do you have experience of Linux, AWS, RDS, EC2 and S3 to assist with getting the best from infrastructure and provide a robust, scalable and always-on cloud solution to customers?
You will be responsible for configuring, monitoring, patching, backing up and maintaining the security and integrity of our data and applications. Excellent communication skills, the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and a desire to see the best possible technical solution to a problem will be essential skills.
You will be a Dev/Ops expert with experience of AWS, who will help to manage a growing server and database infrastructure. You need to have experience of managing Linux Servers scripting, patching, configuring and monitoring in a web application hosting environment. The aim is to maintain high levels of availability, performance and security using a range of AWS services and technologies.
• Monitor, manage and maintain EC2 instances including load balancing and auto scaling..
• Ensure the RDS database instances are tuned, secure and able to manage under variable loads.
• Keep operating systems and software up to date and patched appropriately.
• Ensure appropriate mirroring, backups and redundancy to protect the integrity and availability of customer data.
• Automate the monitoring, scaling, and where possible, fault tolerance of our infrastructure.
• Keep up to date with new trends and technologies that may add value to our business.
• Work with the Senior Developers and Technical Director to help design and build effective solutions for emerging problems and new functionality.
Skills And Qualifications
• Strong experience building and maintaining production systems within the AWS ecosystem using products such as EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, AG, Route 53 etc
• Thorough understating of configuration management concept.
• Experience in administering RHEL Linux systems
• Strong programming and scripting fundamentals
• Good understanding of networking concepts.
• Ideally an AWS certification or evidence of experience and knowledge.
• Experience of security sensitive systems would be desirable
If you have the skills and experience required for this exciting opportunity then please do apply now.