Company is headquartered in Portland but this is a 100% remote position. Can be located anywhere in the US.
As a senior engineer at The Dyrt, you will be tasked with building a robust, maintainable web experience for the 1M+ campers using our website every month. We are in the process of splitting our Ember single-page app into multiple codebases in order to improve site performance. This position is an opportunity for engineers looking to grow their architecture skills as we undertake this transition.
Work varies from building highly interactive tools, like our search page and Trip Planner, to focusing on static rendering and page performance on our campground listings. In this position we will be looking to you for experience, knowledge, and the confidence to make the case for what each situation merits in order to provide an ideal experience for site visitors.
Youll be working on a team with 3-4 other frontend developers and collaborating closely with our API, Mobile, and Design teams.
* Leading execution on new features and improvement projects
* Helping define the longer-term technical vision for scaling and maintaining our frontend codebase
* Translating comps and wireframes from our Design team into site architecture and components
* Estimating complexity and dividing up tasks when new projects are brought to the team
* Responding to support requests and troubleshooting live bugs
* Assisting with deploys to production
Skills & Qualifications
Were looking for engineers who:
* Care about writing easy to understand, maintainable code
* Provide constructive feedback on pull requests and are enthusiastic about mentoring junior developers on the team
* Can identify site performance concerns and look for opportunities to reduce technical debt
* Have strong writing and communication skills for documenting project requirements and coordinating with other teams
* Can weigh multiple solutions for a problem against business needs and time constraints in order to meet company goals