Title: Application Operations Engineer
Location: Abbott Park, IL
Duration: 12 months
At Clients, you will work on market-leading tech and help in the fight against COVID-19. Our location in Lake County, IL currently has an opportunity for an Application Engineer as part of our NAVICA program.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Serve as an Operations Engineer for mobile applications that users see and interact with. In this role, you will support ongoing management of the app and be responsible for day-to-day technical needs and responses. You will work with a team focusing on system enhancements, upgrades and support. You will use critical-thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to daily operations.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for working in shifts to provide 24X7 Application Support
· Responsible for proactively monitoring applications and update recommendations
· Develop application monitoring tools
· Determine configuration and operational requirements for development team
· Understand the integration with different systems, resolve/troubleshoot interface issues
· Developing functional databases, applications and servers to support our websites on the back end.
· Coding for various platforms to ensure functionality across multiple channels.
· Ensuring company mandate is effectively addressed in technical and developmental aspects.
· Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary.
· Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
Working knowledge of various programming frameworks and know how to effectively create website foundations using back-end applications and database structures.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5 years of experience or more
· Knowledge and experience in Full Stack Application Development
· Experience with JS-based tools including Bower, Grunt and Gulp including working with JS development frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS, Express.js, Ember, Node.js and JQuery
· Experience working on Linux, Java, Kotlin, .Net and SQL such as SQL Server, Oracle and NonSQL databases such as CosmosDB, MongoDB.
· Experience working with various Identity management platform such as AWS Cognito, Azure AD B2C, Okta and oAuth0
· Experience working with server technologies including Apache, ISS, Node.js, Nginx and J2EE and Spring Framework.
· Experience in API design and development using microservices architecture
· Experience using various synchronous and asynchronous application integration platforms using various tools such as Mulesoft and Informatica
· Knowledge of working in Cloud environments (Azure and AWS) leveraging various web application development and deployment technologies
· Strong knowledge of data structures, system design and algorithms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving