Entry Level Telecommunications Tower Technician / Construction General Laborer (Must be willing to Travel Weekly)
Wireless Telecommunications Construction Contractors (Cell Phone Tower Construction, Upgrades & Maintenance)
Sacramento, CA Based Corporate Office
Job Title: Entry Level Telecommunications Tower Technician / Construction General Laborer (Role Requires 90% Traveling)
Number of Openings: 10 full-time permanent positions
Office Location: Sacramento, California (Although this position requires weekly travel to cell phone tower construction sites throughout California, Nevada, and Oregon)
Compensation: Starting at $15.00 to $21.00 per hour + Travel Per Diem and uncapped opportunity to work overtime hours; Company Vehicle; Full Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage, 401(k) match, paid sick, vacation & holidays, and a ton or opportunity for professional growth and advancement within our company
Thriving, highly respected, and safety first focused Wireless Telecommunication Construction Contractor specialized in the building, maintenance, and upgrades of cell phone towers; actively seeks entry, mid, and senior level Tower Technicians to join our growing team in Sacramento, California.
These are long term full-time career opportunities with a lot of opportunity for promotion and advancement within our company.
No experience required. Field construction experience is a huge plus. We offer in-house, on-the-job training to ensure all team members fit our company culture and add great value to our company. All new hires undergo our safety training/certification to ensure requisite safety knowledge prior to deployment into the field. So long as you are hard-working, reliable, self-motivated, willing to travel on a weekly basis, and do not have a fear of heights (Cell Towers can range from 100 – 300+ feet in height); we are willing to train you and further develop your experience within our skill trade.
Telecom Tower Technician Overall Role and Responsibilities Include:
- Climbing and working on communication towers for the purpose of installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintenance of wireless systems.
- Assembling/erecting various tower types including self-support, monopoles, guyed towers, etc.
- Reading construction documents and performing installation per all customer requirements.
- Installing antennas, coax, fiber optic cables, DC power, AC power, etc. at elevated heights of over 100 feet.
- Working closely with a small team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Adhering to all Company and industry (i.e., OSHA, NATE) standards/regulations
- Performing miscellaneous labor tasks including digging, conduit installation, etc.
- Performing manual labor to help maintain the work/construction site clean and organized
TELECOM TOWER TECHNICIAN JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 2+ years of construction industry experience is preferred but not required. Candidates with a background in Construction, Electrician, Auto Mechanic, or other electro-mechanical skill trades are preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment is needed
- Ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb load is Required
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License (Required)
- Must be willing to travel on a weekly basis to assigned telecom tower project sites via company provided vehicle (Required)
- Must have ability to travel and work outside of normal business hours to include nights, weekends, or holidays if needed.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Local, out-of-the-area and extended travel is required for this position (up to 90%). Rotational assignments and on-call responsibilities may be expected.
OUR COMPANY AT A GLANCE:
Our mission is to deliver the highest quality installations at the speed the wireless industry demands. We have been a leading provider of turnkey construction and RF system performance services to the wireless telecommunications industry for over 10+ years within the Western United States. We currently have over 70+ staff members and we are steadily growing. We are proud member of the Safer Buildings Coalition and we operate on three basic principles: Safety + Quality + Professionalism
Turnkey Telecommunications Construction Services Include:
- New cell site construction including “raw land” and collocating installations
- Tower Erection
- Tower modifications and structural upgrades
- Utilities Installation
- Electrical Upgrades
- Microwave Installation and path alignment
- DAS Installations
- Small Cell Installations
With over a decade of construction experience in the wireless industry, we are experienced and up to date on standards and specifications of many customers/clients including:
- T-Mobile (New site, LTE and Modernization Upgrades)
- AT&T Wireless (New Site, LTE and UMTS Upgrades)
- Ericsson (New Site, Tiger Team, LTE)
- Verizon (New build, AWS, and LTE Upgrades)
- U.S. Cellular (Microwave, LTE Upgrades)
- Metro PCS
- Gilbane Building Company
- Vinculums Services
- Crown Castle International
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential hiring consideration please email updated and detailed resume to email@example.com . We look forward to getting better acquainted with you and your career aspirations. Have a great day.
Industry related terms: Tower Technician, Tower Tech, Tower Foreman, Telecom construction, telecommunications construction, RF System, Antenna Optimization, cell site construction, tower erection, tower modifications, wireless industry, wireless installation, Cellular, Wireless, DAS, Fiber Optics, RF, Public Safety Communications, ERRCS, Towers, In-Building Wireless, PIM Testing, Monopole, tower climbing, construction laborer, running conduit, traveling