Full system lifecycle required including development, test, and implementation of highly robust and reliable solutions. This position will also include working in collaboration with developers in other groups to ensure that the applications adhere to corporate standards and technologies. The candidate will be expected to follow standard development methodologies and practices. Responsibilities will include: Analysis, design and architecture, development, and implementation of new Brokerage initiatives using SQL Server, TSQL, SSIS and SSRS. Perform DBA duties, including an on-call schedule, including support of schema design, ETL, monitoring / administration of batch jobs and monitoring database usage. Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics required.
Candidate must possess or demonstrate: Good oral and written English communication skills, A team player attitude and must demonstrate an understanding of OO principles and practices. 8+ years overall IT experience including database development, architecture and design, and distributed applications development.
Candidates possessing the following are preferred:
• DBA experience must include skills in troubleshooting integrity issues, blocking/deadlocking issues, replication, connectivity and security issues.
• Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, using performance monitoring / profiling, detect/trouble short SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disc space and other resource contention.
• Experience with large-scale database solution supporting both internal web-based and external internet-focused systems is a strong preference.
• 2+ years of Brokerage industry experience is an advantage.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of related IT experience required.