Client Agreements Analyst - for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC.
Ideal candidate has at least 2 years of law firm conflicts research and analysis experience.
Conflicts research and analysis experience is required, with a preference for someone with “lead” or supervisory experience in a large firm.
Outside counsel guidelines (OCG) experience is highly preferred.
Experience with InTapp or the Intapp Conflicts Module (or a similar internal software application) is desired.
This position is responsible for evaluating and responding to client use of their own terms of engagement. This position will work closely with the Manager and is a key part of making sure agreements to non-standard terms are consistent, mitigate risk, and reflect the business interests of the firm. Candidate will advise regarding client requests and terms, coordinate with senior attorneys and senior administrative staff to manage the review, management, and implementation of non-standard terms of engagement.
Some of the duties for this position:
• Review outside counsel guidelines and other client-issued terms and identify potential concerns, and reasons for objections.
• Advise/educate senior attorneys and stakeholders on firm business policies and practices.
• Respond to outside counsel guidelines and coordinate with attorneys on negotiation of terms.
• Review/respond to due diligence questionnaires and requests for business policy descriptions.
• Maintain/manage outside counsel guidelines database/files.
• Research/analyze and share information with all appropriate stakeholders.
• Work closely with Manager to review current processes and coordinate with stakeholders to implement improvements and establish best practices.
• Required: 2+ years law firm conflicts research and analysis experience.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree. JD from a US-accredited law school is a plus.
• Must be familiar with the Rules of Professional Conduct.
• Must have experience working with engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines.
• Ability to concisely summarize complex concepts verbally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to establish close working relationships with firm lawyers and staff.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.