COMPANY: ONIT Projects Inc.
POSITION REQUIRED: Site Supervisor
JOB TYPE(S) OFFERING: Full Time or Contract Services
PROJECT LOCATION: High Level, AB
WHO WE ARE:
ONIT Projects Inc. is a construction management company that specializes in the construction of all levels of commercial development including Office, Medical, Retail, Medium density condominiums, Petroleum/Convenience Stores and Commercial Truck Stops. We have completed many turnkey and build-to-suit projects which include initial site design to office furnishings and everything in between. The principle owners of ONIT Projects Inc. have completed a portfolio of more than a dozen large projects successfully since its inception in 2015. These projects have been located as far east as New Brunswick and as far west as the Rocky Mountains.
Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, ONIT Projects Inc. has been awarded several large projects to begin in spring of 2020. We continue to expand considering our aggressive 2020 growth plan. To support this growth, we are seeking to welcome the right candidates into our team.
TITLE OF JOB OFFERING: We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as Construction Site Supervisor, reporting to the Construction Manager.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced Site Supervisor to oversee construction projects and supervise the construction team. The Qualities we are seeking are as follows:
-Strong Organizational skills
-Excellent people management skills
-Flexible to the needs of the role
-Available seven days a week (if necessary)
-Excellent Communication skills
-Knowledge an experience with building codes
-Able to read and interpret blueprints
-Strength in Scheduling
-Certified in First Aid and CSTS safety
WE WOULD NEED YOU TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
Site Supervisor Responsibilities:
• Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards
• Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors
• Educating site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol
• Enforcing site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries
• Handling site accidents in accordance with established accident protocols
• Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance
• Evaluating the performance of construction employees and implementing disciplinary measures as needed
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
• Analyzing blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications
• Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency
• Ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
• Hiring, training, and general management of all employees on the project
• Monitoring performance of sub-contractors and staff
• Monitoring project budget
• Accomplishing project by defining the scope and resources required
• Allocating resources, materials, sub-contractors, and other staff
• Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by adhering to and enforcing safety codes
• Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
• Possess a positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
• Excellent communications skills
• Manage crew activities to meet deadlines, quality goals, and deliver jobs on time and on budget
• Ensure employees know how to perform each job assigned to them in a safe and efficient manner
• Maintain and ensure safe working conditions, follow company safety procedures, and ensure site regulations are met at all times
• Coordinate with subcontractors and equipment operators on site
• Ensure communication with Construction Manager, note issues, and provide status updates
• Request POs for purchases and issue to vendors; order materials as needed/directed
• Preparation and timely submission of work reports and safety logs
• Resolve work or staff problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and quality
• Approach issues/concerns strategically and maintain positive communications with our internal clients as well as external customers, trades and supply partners
• Manage materials to minimize waste, and ensure sites are secure to prevent theft and damages
• Manage City inspections for code compliance
• Coordinates and complies with any special contractual requests from the owner throughout the project
• Ensure timesheets, daily and weekly reports, safety reports, and rental forms are submitted promtly
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
Site Supervisor Requirements:
• Completion of a post-secondary education construction training program
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred
• Proven experience working as a Site Supervisor (Minimum 5 years)
• Journeyman Red Seal (Preferred)
• CPR & AED and first aid certifications
• Fall protection certification preferred
• Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations
• Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment
• The ability to interpret blueprints
• Outstanding leadership skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Strong multitasking skills
• Ability to delegate and ensure responsibilities among a large team
• Must have a commitment to safe work practices and be able to enforce safety policies
• Reliable, organized and self-motivated individual who follows up and follows through
• Ability to lift heavy materials and work at heights (up to 50 feet)
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract
• 5+ years of experience in commercial construction projects with a post-secondary education that supports your trade skills
• Extensive knowledge of the commercial construction process, building codes and safety regulations
• Certified SCOT (Safety Construction Orientation Training)
• Working knowledge of computer application skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft Project, and having previous experience with Field Wire or an equivalent field management software platform for construction teams, will be a preferred asset
• Strong verbal and written business communication skills
• Are proactive and have creative problem-solving skills
WHAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
• Safety gear including steel-toed boots, vest, gloves, safety glasses
• Laptop to run Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Field Wire Applications
• Cell phone with 10 Megapixels resolution camera will be considered an asset
WHY WORK WITH US:
We operate in an environment of teamwork that is empowering, positive, enthusiastic, and fun. Our commitment is to our people…because it is our people that decide our direction through hard work, a passion for customer service, and always keeping in mind that we are part of a team. Together we succeed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer competitive wages, career advancement, on-site training, the work environment for Safety Code Compliant casual dress, free on-site parking, bonus incentive program, and the opportunity to work in a variety of construction-type projects to help you build your skill sets and experience level.
LOGISTICS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
The role includes out-of-town travel, the ability to work indoors or on site and in a variety of weather conditions, as well as the opportunity to work extended hours, if or as required.
• Submit a resume detailing your experience. Provide references along with previous company name(s), contact information with phone number(s). (Please note that references will only be contacted if you are being considered for the first round of interviews.)
• Please state remuneration expectation and what abilities you bring to the table to achieve that level of income.
• Please provide your availability to when you can start work.
• Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit.
• Please email all the above to:
• Also, please ensure that the subject line contains the job title.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by July 13, 2020.
To all recruitment agencies: ONIT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not contact or forward resumes. ONIT Projects Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.