Senior Labor Relations Human Resources Generalist
Des Moines, IA
$85-95K plus bonus
Our manufacturing company is searching for a Senior Labor Relations Human Resources Generalist located in Des Moines, IA. This Generalist will partner with the entire human resources team in managing the workforce.
• Help ensure the retention and engagement of our workers and strive to ensure we maintain our role as an employer of choice.
• Contribute to key projects and challenge the status quo to improve program performance.
• Troubleshoot labor issues and partner with labor leadership.
• Assist HR Manager with analyzing the data to employee turnover, employee satisfaction surveys, exit interviews and other metrics in order to enhance the improve HR programs and services.
• Administer and interpret company policies and CBA in relation to employee questions, complains or suggestions.
• Provide significant contributions and expertise in the areas of employee engagement and retention.
• Collaborate with operational leadership through advice, coaching and counsel to improve work relationships, build morale, and improve hourly retention metrics.
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years of progressively advanced labor experience is a must have!
• Strong ability to manage ambiguity in investigating employee and labor relation situations.
• Ability to formulate a successful partnership with labor leadership.
• Previous plant and/or union environment experience required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and self-directed environment.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Demonstrated experience managing cultural shifts.
• Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.
• Competitive base salary
• Medical and Dental benefits
• 401k with company match
• Stock Purchase Program
• Community involvement opportunities
Senior Human Resources Generalist, Labor Relations, HR Generalist, performance, excel, cultural shifts, bi-lingual, Spanish, relationships, metrics, leadership