COMPANY: ONIT Projects Inc.
POSITION REQUIRED: PME (Powered Mobile Equipment Operator)
JOB TYPE(S) OFFERING: Full Time or Contract Services
PROJECT LOCATION: High Level, AB
WHO WE ARE:
ONIT Projects Inc. is a construction management company that specializes in the construction of all levels of commercial development including Office, Medical, Retail, Medium density condominiums, Petroleum/Convenience Stores and Commercial Truck Stops. We have completed many turnkey and build-to-suit projects which include initial site design to office furnishings and everything in between. The principle owners of ONIT Projects Inc. have completed a portfolio of more than a dozen large projects successfully since its inception in 2015. These projects have been located as far east as New Brunswick and as far west as the Rocky Mountains.
Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, ONIT Projects Inc. has been awarded several large projects to begin in spring of 2020. We continue to expand considering our aggressive 2020 growth plan. To support this growth, we are seeking to welcome the right candidates into our team.
TITLE OF JOB OFFERING: We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as PME (Powered Mobile Equipment Operator), reporting to the Site Supervisor.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced PME Operator with experience in commercial projects. The Qualities we are seeking are as follows:
-Strong Organizational skills
-Excellent people management skills
-Flexible to the needs of the role
-Available seven days a week (if necessary)
-Excellent Communication skills
-Knowledge an experience with building codes
-Able to read and interpret blueprints
-Strength in Scheduling
-Certified in First Aid and CSTS safety
WE WOULD NEED YOU TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
• Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards
• Provide support to successful completion of construction and engineering work
• Operate all heavy equipment like telehandler, skid-steer, mini and mid size excavator, ariel work platform, cranes, earth movers, bulldozers, front-end loaders, and other related equipment
• Operate the equipment in the right direction and angles to prevent accidents and damage of property
• Ensure and manage the machines or equipment in a safe and secure way
• Perform periodical safety, maintenance, or servicing checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment
• Perform minor repair works during functioning problems
• Inform and advise the management or repairmen for major repairs or maintenance
• Drive and control the equipment
• Perform road work, excavation work, lifting work, etc.
• Respond to signals and directions by the staff and work in coordination with them
• Maintain proper coordination and cooperation with the road and transport system while driving/working, so that the normal activities are not disrupted
• Operate the equipment manually and using electronic or technical methods of operation
• Work in adherence to safe practices, procedures, work site or traffic laws.
• Maintain a database in the computer to record daily activities, inventory chart, etc.
• Report to the senior operation manager
• Perform other duties, as and when assigned
• Inspect large equipment before and after use to ensure they are working properly
• Load and unload cargo and move them to the appropriate storage area
• Follow all safety procedures while operating equipment
• Perform regular maintenance and minor repairs when necessary
• Report needs for larger repairs to the appropriate parties
• Operate hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components
• Operate gasoline and diesel-powered units
• Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
• Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the site supervisor to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
• Diagnose / identify defects in heavy duty equipment
• Accurate completion of work orders and timecards
• Install and align engines and machinery
• Clean, lubricate and perform other minor maintenance work
• Ability to instruct apprentices and crew co workers
• Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation
• Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and operation techniques
• Maneuver heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned
• Check machinery before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
• Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form
• Assist in loading and unloading of trucks
• Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
• Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner
• Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
• Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up
• Complete all necessary paperwork. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
• Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company's operating safety policies and procedures
• Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance
• Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers
• Ensure company equipment, material, and the work site are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner. Collect and dispose of scrap, excess materials, and refuse
• Observe distribution of paving material to adjust machine settings or material flow and indicate low spots for workers to add material
• Perform and report on, daily safety and maintenance checks
• Works with and assists the crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe, excavator, or front-end loader
• Place, remove or maintain underground utilities as directed. This includes but is not limited to carrying pipe, bags of material, and other heavy items, jack hammering, shoveling, tamping, and installing pipe, duct, or cable
• Operates equipment of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling, and unloading of various equipment, materials, and supplies
• Assist in restoring worksite at completion of daily work
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
• Heavy equipment operation
• Maintenance and repair of heavy and power-driven equipment
• Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment as well as safety standards
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
• Possession of a commercial driver’s license (CDL) or a willingness to obtain the license
• Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment as well as safety standards
• Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds
• Boom lift operator tickets are required
• Certification, diploma, or degree in related field preferred
• 1+ years of experience working as a Heavy Equipment Operator
• Knowledge of operation of front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of heavy equipment
• Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
• High level of personal integrity
• Strong work ethic
• Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
• Confident, consistent decisive personality
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Hazards associated with the trade
• Work both indoors and outdoors
• The ability to interpret blueprints
• Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation
• CPR & AED and first aid certifications considered an asset
• Working knowledge of computer application skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft Project, and having previous experience with Field Wire or an equivalent field management software platform for construction teams, will be a preferred asset
• Working knowledge of the commercial construction process, building codes and safety regulations
WHAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
• Safety gear including steel-toed boots, vest, gloves, safety glasses
• Cell phone with 10 Megapixels resolution camera will be considered an asset
WHY WORK WITH US:
We operate in an environment of teamwork that is empowering, positive, enthusiastic, and fun. Our commitment is to our people…because it is our people that decide our direction through hard work, a passion for customer service, and always keeping in mind that we are part of a team. Together we succeed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer competitive wages, career advancement, on-site training, the work environment for Safety Code Compliant casual dress, free on-site parking, bonus incentive program, and the opportunity to work in a variety of construction-type projects to help you build your skill sets and experience level.
LOGISTICS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
The role includes out-of-town travel, the ability to work indoors or on site and in a variety of weather conditions, as well as the opportunity to work extended hours, if or as required.
• Submit a resume detailing your experience. Provide references along with previous company name(s), contact information with phone number(s). (Please note that references will only be contacted if you are being considered for the first round of interviews.)
• Please state remuneration expectation and what abilities you bring to the table to achieve that level of income.
• Please provide your availability to when you can start work.
• Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit.
• Please email all the above to:
• Also, please ensure that the subject line contains the job title.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by July 20, 2020.
To all recruitment agencies: ONIT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not contact or forward resumes. ONIT Projects Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.