JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES RECRUITER
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
REPORTS TO: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
WORK HOURS: NON-EXEMPT
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Recruiter under limited supervision will report to the Human Resources Manager. Recruit and search for promising job applicants by various means, including newspaper, internet, local job fairs, colleges, etc. Be familiar with the Company’s personnel policies to discuss open positions, working conditions, promotional opportunities with prospective employees. Keep informed with equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action (AA) guidelines and laws and maintain government reports. Track and maintain various personnel records for winery workers and other general office related tasks. Handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
I. RECRUITING PROCESS
1. Solicit and review resumes, refer to managers
2. Screen applications for completeness
3. Interview and screen qualified candidates for all open positions
4. Notify acceptable applicants by phone and set up appointments for aptitude testing and interviews.
5. Administer and scores aptitude test
6. Interview applicant to obtain information such as work experience, education, training, and occupational interest.
7. Evaluate candidate strengths compared with job description
8. Coordinate job fairs
9. Serve as the primary point of contact for recruits throughout the interviewing process
10. Work with recruiting agencies and negotiate contract for temporary job placements
11. Set up appointment with collection site for drug screening and notify applicant to report
12. Schedule physical exam following job offer and notify applicant of scheduled time to report
13. Conduct necessary pre-employment processes including requesting references from present or past employers, and requesting background search.
14. Notify applicant to report to work with proper documentation in regard to identification and naturalization.
15. Track information and prepare EEOC and Affirmative Action government reports
II. NEW EMPLOYEE DATA
1. Conduct new hire orientation
2. Update and maintain emergency contact list
3. Check personnel files of new hires for accuracy
1. Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels
2. Maintain thorough understanding of collective bargaining agreement in force
3. Tracks and prepares all attendance and disciplinary actions for President’s review
4. Possess strong written and oral communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
5. Have a desire to learn and advance in a fast-paced environment, and be capable of regularly using independent judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements.
6. Demonstrate poise, tactfulness, diplomacy, and good interpersonal skills in order to handle confidential situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED. AA degree or equivalent preferred and/or two years related experience. Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer applications desirable.
2. English Language Skills
Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization. Ability to effectively present information, both verbally and in writing.
3. Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
4. Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
5. Other Requirements
Intermediate or higher level of experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications. Intermediate or higher level of experience with Internet search engine Basic or higher level of experience with database management applications. Typing speed of 40 words per minute or more and ten-key by touch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
NOTE: Some weekend work may be required. Regular Attendance is an essential duty.
The company reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to modify or change this job description, reassign or transfer the employee to another position, or assign additional job responsibilities.