Director of Nursing Services – Birmingham, AL
We have a new job opening for a strong Director of Nursing Services / DON to lead clinical services within a high-quality long-term care / skilled nursing facility (LTC / SNF) located in Birmingham, Alabama. Located on a beautiful campus. Larger SNF, must be a RN and have 3-5 years experience as a DON.
The nursing home DON / DNS is responsible for assuring quality nursing care by supervising staff and evaluating clinical policies and procedures and implementing changes when appropriate.
Director of Nursing responsibilities:
• Maintain regulatory compliance and ensure high quality medical care for all residents
• Develop, implement, and evaluate programs to enrich the recruitment, retention and continuing education of the nursing staff
• Closely monitor Nursing Department budget and facilitate resource stewardship
• Proactively respond to survey and/or standard of care issues
• Quality assurance including Hipaa compliance
• Track outcomes, identify areas for improvement, and implement plans of correction
• Provide adequate staffing at all times based on facility and census requirements
• Ensure that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in a timely manner; participate in facility Performance Improvement Program
Director of Nursing qualifications:
• 3-5 years’ experience as a DON
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a valid state RN license and CPR certification
Executive Search Solutions is a national recruitment firm with a long-term care focus.
Please click apply now, call Rick Chasteen at 888-582-5627, email resume to RChasteen@essusa.net, or fax resume to 888-344-1889 to be considered for this Skilled Nursing Facility Director of Nursing Services position in Birmingham, AL. We look forward to hearing from you!