Duties: Develop and implement efficient and effective test plans including detailed test cases based on project artifacts, business requirements, functional specifications, source to target mappings, analytic specifications and technical specifications for Data Warehousing environments. Specific responsibilities include:
• Working with BIC Team and Data Warehouse developers throughout the development cycle to develop and document test strategy and plan.
• Using source applications to research data quality concerns in the Enterprise data warehouse to explain discrepancies in data or to identify issues in translation and load of the data stored in the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Defining and developing appropriate controls to monitor quality of daily and weekly data loads, including automating the controls where possible to ensure consistent and efficient testing of the on-going data load.
• Effectively documenting defects using automated defect tracking tool.
• Developing a test strategy for any size initiative which ensures complete coverage of business requirements, functional and technical specifications are met.
• Validating data from source application through warehouse feeds to warehouse tables and out to Reports.
• Work directly with offshore team, providing details testing requirements, monitoring test execution and providing adequate support in completing testing on time.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering (any), or a directly related field plus seven (7) years of software test experience. The experience must include:
Five (5) years of experience with the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
• Developing complex SQL scripts that validate business requirements and source to target mapping within the data warehouse
• Backend testing from a data warehouse environment
• ETL testing
Two (2) years of experience with the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
• Test automation using Python
• Demonstrated ability to decipher mapping documents in absence of business requirement documents and building detailed test execution plans, including queries
40 hours per week. Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM.
Please copy and paste your resume in the email body do not send attachments, we cannot open them and email them at candidates at placementservicesusa.com with reference #2701463 in the subject line.