Cost Accountant at Steico Industries, Inc.
We are looking for a Cost Accountant to join our accounting department. This position will be responsible for preparing cost analysis and budget reports. Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to combine and present cost data are necessary.
The Cost Accountant responsibilities will be:
• Collecting and analyzing data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs/variances and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Recording and reconciling departmental costs for use in controlling expenditures
• Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
• Executing the periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial close process with focus on inventory and cost of goods sold, including preparing and maintaining reporting schedules
• Maintain fixed asset reporting and tracking of CIP activity
• Interface with company employees in related functions and demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers.
• Drive process improvements in cost accounting processes and data flows throughout the accounting department.
• Accurately tracking and reporting Sales Taxes for 2 states
• Support technical accounting issues related to the month end and quarter end financial close and understand the accounting impact of proposed transactions regarding different functions and ensure US GAAP principles and rules are properly adhered to.
• Execute key inventory and cost of goods sold process controls and ensure documentation of those controls adhere to audit requirements.
• Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment (preferably in Cost Accounting)
• Strong MS Excel skills and familiarity with ERP systems, Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint
• Experience with Cloudsuite Industrial (SyteLine) a plus
• Experience working cross-functionally with engineering and manufacturing personal on development and analysis of cost standards
• Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to management.
• Self-motivated, independent asset in the organization who has enthusiasm and energy for the job
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to take on ad hoc projects and complete them timely and accurately.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes. Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
STEICO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.